Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Fountain Valley, California
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105023564
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Maintains phlebotomy tray/cart in a clean and sanitary condition.
2. Responds to orderspromptly, with attention to patientâ��s name, Medical record, date of birth and type and time of test.
3. Use of AIDET when entering patientâ��s room or approaching an outpatient for lab draws or other lab items.
4. Verifies correct patient by validating patient armband and against the EMR order as well as with patient prior to specimen collection.
5. Follows and strictly complies the hospital Hand Hygiene protocol .
6. Strictly obeys the guidelines of standard precautions with dress code,badge and infection control
7. Labels all tubes accurately, immediately after specimen collection; including patient name, I.D. number, date, time and initials.
8. Disposes of hazardous materials properly, immediately after use, per department guidelines.
9. When necessary, asks for information or assistance from the appropriate personnel.
10. Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks in tally sheets and entry into EMR
11. Notifies supervisor of work completion, and reports for additional assignments.
12. Follows department policies and procedures when performing various tests: i.e., glucose tolerance.
13. Completes all procedures scheduled during shift without interfering with the quality of work performed.
14. Demonstrates the ability to perform the following computer functions accurately:
15. Completes work left from other shifts, and strives to reduce holdover procedures.
16. Keeps supervisor informed of problems, which could impact completion of workload.
17. Regularly demonstrates the ability to coordinate simultaneous test procedures with complete accuracy.
18. Demonstrates flexibility to adjust schedule in response to STAT orders, emergency situations or fluctuations in the workload.
19. Demonstrates an understanding and effective use of the draw board.
20. Demonstrates an understanding of the venipuncture equipment, and various tubes and solutions used in specimen collection.
21. Reports unexpected patient behavior and or the inability to obtain specimens to appropriate personnel.
22. Demonstrates the following skills regarding send out testing: Take Phone Reports Process Specimens Look Up Results Process Results
23. Using age-appropriate techniques, demonstrates the ability to accurately, efficiently and safely perform venipuncture and capillary blood removal procedures. Completely conforms to guidelines in blood removal procedures.
24. Follows up on conflicting or irregular patient problems.
25. Utilizes proper phone etiquette when answering the telephone by identifying area and self and projecting an attitude of helpfulness and professionalism.
26. Responds promptly and courteously to telephone inquiries.
27. Demonstrates a command of the phone system by accurately, quickly and politely being able to:
Call forward a line and subsequently cancel it.
Take down and pass along coherent messages when lines are busy.
28. Promotes efficiency and professionalism by carrying a beeper/phone while on duty. Responds promptly to beeper/phone requests.
29. Consistently demonstrates initiative and thoroughness in processing patient specimens ASAP, i.e., distributing specimen left in bucket.
30. Ensures accurate and timely documentation of cap units.
31. Reviews all pending orders and reconcils with documentation
32. Validates and documents accurately any cancellation of orders
33. Demonstrates the ability to act as a team leader in facilitating workflow.
34. Demonstrates the ability to act as a reference for lab assistant personnel.
35. Assists with orientation of new personnel.
36. Able to perform Lab Assistant function in all areas of the Lab.
37. Ensures times draws are drawn within five minutes of time scheduled.
38. Ensures timed drug levels are drawn at appropriate times by maintaining communication with nursing staff.
39. Informs supervisor and co-workers of any difficulty in obtaining specimens or locating patient both verbally and on requisition slips.
40. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirement: Candidate must be CA licensed with minimum of 2 years of hospital experience with adults and pediatric blood collections.
Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.