Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Iowa City, Iowa
Phoenix , Arizona
Greenville, South Carolina
Bronx, New York
Pomona, New Jersey
Huntington, West Virginia
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Location: Towson, Maryland
Internal Number: 106971
Clinical Nurse II - Critical Care Float PoolSt. Joseph Medical Center - Full Time - NIGHT7p-7:30a
Restrictions Apply: We are offering a $15,000 Sign-On Bonus, with a two year commitment, for this position.Come join the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center (UM SJMC) Critical Care Float Pool, where you will receive the skillset to work in our 16-bed Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit (MSICU), 6-bed Cardiac Surgery Unit (CSU), 6-bed Intermediate Care Unit (IMC) and serve as a Guardian nurse for the entire Medical Center.
This unique role offers the following opportunities:
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses who have greater than 12 months experience. Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Utilizes the institution's care delivery and professional practice models as the frame of reference for practicing as a professional nurse. Participates in activities to develop own practice, and to support group practice goals at the unit level. Is accountable to patient, family and team members for care provided and to the nurse manager for totality of work performance. Is accountable to hold to the Service Standards and to the Nursing Mission, Vision and Values.
Principal Responsibilities and TasksThe following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Competency in care of unit specific patient population; independently practices with solid knowledge and clinical skills; engaged in advancing own practice.
2. Serves as a clinical resource for others.
3. Applies and integrates evidence into practice
4. Functions effectively in roles specific to unit, such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc.
5. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to plan and coordinate care; independently advocating for patient/family needs
6. Models practice consistent with unit operations to ensure safe, timely effective, efficient, equitable, patient centered care.
1. Engaged in advancing own practice.
2. Responsible for maintaining competencies required for that patient care setting; focus on advancing own professional development.
3. Attends unit based staff development independently.
4. Demonstrates the ability to serve as a trained preceptor and coach's new nurse and students.
5. Contributes to developing/evaluating unit based orientation.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is dependent on several factors including years of relative experience to desired role, education, and certification/licensure. Hourly pay is just one part of the compensation package for employees. Saint Joseph Medical Center supports career progression and offers a competitive benefit package that includes up to $5K tuition reimbursement per year (we are a qualified non-profit making you eligible for federal student loan forgiveness), full time benefits for part time/20 hours worked, Health, vision, dental, and mental health coverage, and 403 (b) match contribution for retirement!
What's in it for you?
When you come to the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you're coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 218-bed suburban Baltimore, Maryland campus. You're embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority. Joining our team of healthcare professionals means you'll be contributing to a locally and nationally recognized institution. UM St. Joseph has been recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a grade 'A' hospital and by U.S. News & World Report as #3 in both the state and Baltimore Metro area, making UM St. Joseph the highest-ranking community hospital in Maryland. In addition, we've been consistently recognized as a top employer by Baltimore magazine.
(PALS, ACLS, NRP)
Cardiac and Med-Surg/Telemetry
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.