Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Iowa City, Iowa
Phoenix , Arizona
Greenville, South Carolina
Bronx, New York
Pomona, New Jersey
Huntington, West Virginia
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: REF20578K
Full time rotating shift position (7:00am-7:30pm / 7:00pm-7:30am)
Shock Trauma Acute Care is one of 12 units in the world-renowned R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center. STC Acute Care is a 12 bed acute care/ medical-surgical unit that provides high quality care to medically complex trauma patients who are preparing for their transition back to the community. On STC Acute Care, we have 8 private patient rooms and 2- cohorted patient rooms. As a specialty focused unit, STC Acute Care provides staff with the unique opportunity to treat clinically stable trauma patients and provide ongoing education to patients and their families. Patients on the STC Acute Care require frequent monitoring and high-level nursing interventions. Though, patients on this unit do not require continuous telemetry monitoring, the unit offers an array of experiences that provide RNs with ongoing knowledge and experience. STC Acute Care offers experience with detailed assessments, post-operative wound/ dressing care, drain care, medication management, and in-depth collaborative patient care planning. Staff on this unit are empowered and highly encouraged to drive change on the unit, as well as within the organization through evidence-based practice and continued engagement within the organizational shared governance model. The STC Acute Care Unit offers consistent opportunity for continued growth and development, both professionally and clinically.
Patients on this unit are admitted with a variety of diagnoses and/or mechanisms of injury, providing vast learning opportunities.
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses who have greater than 12 months experience. Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team.
II. Principal Responsibilities and TasksThe following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Renowned as the academic flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System, our Magnet(r)-designated facility is a nationally recognized, academic medical center with opportunities across the continuum of care. Come join UMMC and discover the atmosphere where talents and ideas come together to enhance patient care and advance the science of nursing. Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won't find a more vibrant place to work!
Education and Experience
IV. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Responsible for maintaining competencies required for the patient care setting; focus on advancing own professional development
2. Ability to practice and adhere to the guidelines specified in the UMMC Role of the Professional Nurse Job Charter/Description.
3. Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrates leadership qualities through effectiveness as charge nurse, preceptor, or clinical resource.
5. Demonstrates effectiveness as a multidisciplinary team member.
6. Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information.
7. Ability to participate in team-building efforts on units; supports and models teamwork
8. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
V. Patient Safety
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.