Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Iowa City, Iowa
Phoenix , Arizona
Bronx, New York
Pomona, New Jersey
Charleston, West Virginia
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Rochester, New York
West Palm Beach, Florida
Location: Newark, Delaware
Internal Number: JR70201
Assistant Nurse Manager - Labor & Delivery
Full-Time - Evening
ChristianaCare is currently seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager for our Labor & Delivery unit in the Women's & Children's Center at Christiana Hospital, Newark, DE campus. In this role, the Assistant Nurse Manager not only assist in the clinical and administrative aspect of the department but will also work collaboratively with other units to ensure quality care for our patients. This position allows for greater autonomy in your practice as you advance your leadership skills. Are you ready to take the next step towards leadership? If so, this could be exactly what you are looking for!
- Typically, 6000 births annually
- Ranks 15th in births along the east coast
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health care organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises all nursing and technical personnel: Assesses competency of staff, oversees daily staffing and scheduling needs of department, evaluate staff performance, counsel/coach staff member as needed.
- Participates in hiring, promotion, and termination decisions.
- Functions as role model, demonstrating quality expertise and professional behaviors.
- Directs, mentors and supports all levels of staff.
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement and patient safety initiatives.
- Identifies and develops strategies to improve the overall knowledge base and professionalism of staff.
- Analyzes administrative and operational functions; implements appropriate changes and system wide improvements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Five years' appropriate clinical experience in nursing required.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
Master's degree in Nursing preferred or must commit to obtaining within 5 years from date of hire. Appropriate clinical certification required within 3 years of hire.
- L&D experience required.
- Leadership experience preferred.
Leadership experience preferred.
Appropriate clinical certification required within 3 years of hire.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.