Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Iowa City, Iowa
Phoenix , Arizona
Greenville, South Carolina
Bronx, New York
Pomona, New Jersey
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Charlotte, North Carolina
El Paso, Texas
Charleston, West Virginia
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Rochester, New York
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Internal Number: REF15002X
Rotating shift: 7:00AM-7:30PM / 7:00PM-7:30AM
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses who have greater than 12 months experience. Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Provides independent care to unit specific patient population; serves as clinical resource for others, utilizes and integrates evidence into practice, functions effectively in roles specific to unit (such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc).
A. Accountable to patients and families for the processes and outcomes of care during an episode of care.
B. Accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
2. Serves as an effective primary coordinating nurse; collaborates with interdisciplinary team to plan and coordinate care addressing patient/family needs.
3. Serves as clinical resource for others.
1. Assists in team development and evaluation of the Relationship-Based Care model; suggests methods for improvement. Participates in collection of data related to Relationship-Based Care outcomes (e.g. hand offs, medication safety, etc).
2. Participates in implementation efforts addressing Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators (NSQI).
3. Participates and contributes to Performance Improvement, or Evidence Based Practice, or research at the unit level.
4. Complies with standards and participates with unit level activities for regulatory compliance.
1. Supports charge nurse decisions; performs charge role for assigned shifts as needed.
2. Follows and supports the AACN guidelines for Healthy Work Environment (communication, collaboration, effective decision making, recognition, leadership, staffing); participates as team member focusing on elements within the Healthy Work Environment.
3. Assists in the development of clinical practice protocols and standards for unit.
4. Participates in unit based process governance activities: Performance Improvement, Professional Development, Clinical Practice, Teamwork, etc.; assists in development of action plans and supports implementation.
5. Orients Clinical Nurse I to unit level governance structure and councils.
1. Serves as preceptor, coach, mentor to new nurses and students. Contributes to ancillary personnel skills and development, attends educational offerings and in-services independently.
2. Contributes to development of unit based peer review processes; actively participates in individual peer review feedback
Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus
Renowned as the academic flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System, our Magnet(r)-designated facility is a nationally recognized, academic medical center with opportunities across the continuum of care. Come join UMMC and discover the atmosphere where talents and ideas come together to enhance patient care and advance the science of nursing. Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won't find a more vibrant place to work!
Education & Experience
1. Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.; BSN preferred. Up-to-date status on all mandatory training and classes. 2. One year nursing experience. Solid knowledge and clinical skills.3. Current CPR certification required. 4. Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education every two years.5. Member of a professional organization.6. Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting.
IV. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Responsible for maintaining competencies required for the patient care setting; focus on advancing own professional development
2. Ability to practice and adhere to the guidelines specified in the UMMC Role of the Professional Nurse Job Charter/Description.
3. Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.4. Demonstrates leadership qualities through effectiveness as charge nurse, preceptor, or clinical resource. 5. Demonstrates effectiveness as a multidisciplinary team member.6. Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information. 7. Ability to participate in team-building efforts on units; supports and models teamwork8. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
V. Patient Safety
Ensures patient safety in the performance of job functions and through participation in hospital, department or unit patient safety initiatives.
1. Takes action to correct observed risks to patient safety.2. Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate management authority.3. Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and communicates the same to those in charge.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.