Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Greenville, South Carolina
Pomona, New Jersey
Huntington, West Virginia
Minot, North Dakota
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
El Paso, Texas
Charleston, West Virginia
Los Angeles, California
Long Island, New York
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Charlotte, North Carolina
Location: United States,
Internal Number: 649989
Our APPs perform initial assessments of the injured patient, admissions, procedures, education, and discharges, all while working collaboratively with a team of board-certified trauma and critical care surgeons.
Inova Loudoun Hospital is Loudoun County's first and only designated trauma center. Originally designated as a Level III trauma center in 2016, we were officially verified by the state of Virginia in spring 2018.
In an effort to provide the highest level of emergency care in our community, the Trauma Center was enhanced through the expansion of the Inova Virts Miller Family Emergency and Trauma Center - a nationally-acclaimed, full-service emergency room for adults at Inova Loudoun Hospital.
Patients are transported to the Inova Trauma Center at Inova Loudoun Hospital from all over Loudoun County, the surrounding counties, and West Virginia. We treat traumatic injuries that result from car crashes, falls, industrial incidents, recreational injuries, and acts of violence. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and professional growth and development opportunities.
Clinicians care for critically ill patients with traumatic injuries, respiratory failure, severe arrhythmias and cardiac arrest, sepsis and septic shock, intracranial hemorrhage, altered mental status, coma, and more. Trauma APPs treat patients in multiple settings and are always available to see acutely injured patients anywhere in the hospital.
We encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity if you are passionate about providing exceptional care in a challenging and dynamic environment.
* Collaborate with trauma surgeons to assess and manage the care of acutely injured or critically ill surgical patients in the inpatient setting.
* Manage patients in the emergency department, intensive care unit, intermediate care unit, and floor.
* Administer medications and treatments.
* Monitor patients' vital signs, laboratory values, and response to treatment.
* Assist or perform appropriately privileged procedures, such as central venous catheter placement, tube thoracostomy, arterial line placement, and bronchoscopy.
* Obtain and maintain advanced trauma life support.
* Provide education to patients and their families on the plan of care and post-operative management.
* Communicate effectively with the surgical team regarding patient status and changes in condition.
* Participate in quality improvement initiatives and clinical research projects.
* Maintain accurate and complete patient records.
* Rotating days, nights, and weekends.
* Master's or Doctorate preparation from an accredited program as an adult (or adult-gero) acute care nurse practitioner or physician assistant/associate.
* Board certification as an adult (or adult-gero) acute care nurse practitioner or physician assistant/associate.
* Current state licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
* DEA license required.
* BLS and ACLS for Healthcare Provider with an expiration date greater than 90 days from the date of beginning practice.
* ATLS on hire, or within 3-6 months, depending on experience.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of the surgical team.
* Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
* Experience preferred."
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.