Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Minot, North Dakota
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
El Paso, Texas
Charleston, West Virginia
Pomona, New Jersey
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Greenville, South Carolina
Rochester, New York
Corpus Christi, Texas
Location: Tampa, Florida
Internal Number: 23039894
Nurse Tech FT
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for: Adventhealth Tampa
· AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
· Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
· Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
· Awarded the Get with The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as “Goodwill Ambassador”, conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· The Nurse Technician supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner (i.e. vital signs, intake/output).
· Assists in maintaining patient skin integrity by:
· Turning and repositioning patient according to policy.
· Notifies nurse if skin breakdown observed.
· Performs accucheks and hemocults per hospital procedure and documents.
· Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
· Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
· Empties Foley bags, JP’s, and hemovacs. Documents care and intake/output in the (EMR).
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license OR Current Florida Certified EMT license, OR Completion of Nursing Fundamentals & currently enrolled in a nursing program verified in January and August of each fiscal year, OR graduate of a nursing program and eligible for or holds a Florida NCLEX Authorization to Test letter.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.