Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Huntington, West Virginia
Panama City, Florida
New York, New York
Cooperstown, New York
Greenville, South Carolina
Rochester, New York
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Minot, North Dakota
El Paso, Texas
Southland, New Zealand
Iowa City, Iowa
Location: Wesley Chapel, Florida
Internal Number: 23025809
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Benefits from Day One
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Night shift
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
· From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
· Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
· 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
· Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
· Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
· Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
The role you’ll contribute: Under general supervision of the EMS Director, the Transport Nurse is responsible for the safe transport of critically ill patients, working jointly with appropriate staff (EMT, CCEMT-P, EMT-P) in patient care decisions. Completes and documents patient assessments, treatments, medication, reactions as per department protocols and AH policy. Adheres to all safety requirements while transporting patients, in and around vehicles/aircraft. Communicates patient updates to physicians with hand of care to receiving RN and appropriate triage of urgency. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – All:
· Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
What You Will Need:
· Three years of experience in an emergency department OR 2 years of experience in a critical care unit which may include CV-ICU/ICU/CL/CCU/Neuro ICU upon hire
· Five years of patient care experience upon hire
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree upon hire
· Active Florida RN or ARNP license required upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
· AVADE Education within 6 months of hire date.
· 8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
· NIHSS Certification upon hire.
· 8 hours Hip & Knee Replacement / Spine Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
· Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care according to patient outcomes.
· Basic computer skills – must be able to navigate Microsoft windows based programs.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.