Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Huntington, West Virginia
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Dade City, Florida
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Internal Number: 7523
Nemours is seeking a Respiratory Therapist, day shift (7a-7p, every other weekend) to join our Nemours Children's Health Team in Wilmington, DE.
This position is responsible for: Providing, under the general direction of the Therapist in Charge or Assistant Director of Respiratory Care, all routine and emergency respiratory care in all patient care areas. The Respiratory Therapists provide clinical direction for respiratory care trainees and technicians. The therapists provide consultation and education to other healthcare professionals as well. The therapist is in routine contact with patients during the provision of hands-on care and in frequent contact with patients' families. The respiratory therapist will have contact with other hospital staff, such as nurses and physicians.
1. Verify all physician orders for respiratory care. and provide age and developmental-appropriate care to infants, children, adolescents, and adults.
2.Assess patients clinically and evaluate for appropriateness of therapy.
3. Provide aerosolized medication therapy, provide airway clearance therapies , airway management such as trach changes, tube taping, suctioning, medical gas therapy., ventilator setup and management., perform non-invasive monitoring, i.e., pulse oximetry, transcutaneous O2/CO2 and end-tidal CO2 monitoring, assist with in-house and inter-facility transports.
4. Provide emergency respiratory care, i.e., airway management and cardiopulmonary resuscitation, perform arterial blood gas sampling, point of care testing and electrocardiograms., participate in airway management during bronchoscopies.
5. Document care provided, patient assessment and patient care orders in electronic medical record (EMR) or hard copy when necessary. Enter charges in EMR
6. Participate in discharge planning and home-care education by training patients, their families, and designated care providers.
7. Provide recommendations and education to physicians and nurses regarding respiratory care.
8. Participate in the evaluation or respiratory care equipment and procedures and maintain current knowledge about departmental policies and procedures.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.