Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Charleston, West Virginia
Huntington, West Virginia
Gainesville , Florida
Neptune, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: R-601
The Respiratory Therapist performs routine respiratory care procedures in the acute care, critical care and outpatient environment; perform respiratory care assessments and diagnostic testing procedures associated with respiratory care under occasional guidance.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) has been rated the #1 Hospital in Nashville and the state of Tennessee by the US News & World Report. VUMC's Diagnostic Laboratories - consisting of Laboratory Client Services (LCS), Clinical Pathology Services (CPS), Diagnostic Molecular & Genetics Services (DMGS), and Anatomic Pathology Services (APS) - have state-of-the-art automation and exceptional employees to meet the demands of accurately and timely performance of tests, while providing our patients and their families with enhanced and exceptional care. VUMC is rated in the Top 100 Most Wired Hospitals with advanced LIS systems and technologies.
Vanderbilt's Adult Respiratory Care team is comprised of 7 ICU units and independent arterial blood gas laboratories, as well as acute care areas. VUMC Adult Respiratory Care supports our adult patients in the inpatient and clinical settings. Our fast-paced, team oriented culture gives you the opportunity to contribute to breakthroughs with healthcare advancements. We support your career growth with an established Professional Advancement Pathway as a Respiratory Therapist.
POSITION SHIFT: Traditional 12-Hour Shifts and Flex-Shifts Available
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
Core Capabilities :
Experience Level :
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.