Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Charleston, West Virginia
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Huntington, West Virginia
Greenville, South Carolina
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Corpus Christi, Texas
Winter Park, Florida
New Smyrna, Florida
Las Vegas, Nevada, Nevada
Saint Louis, Missouri
Austin, TX, USA
Brooklyn, New York, New York
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 23017402
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Nights 3 12's
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Pediatric Respiratory Therapist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the treatment, care, and needs of an assigned group of patients. He/she must be able to accept leadership responsibility in the absence of a Lead Therapist as directed. Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
· Performs respiratory therapies and oxygen delivery therapies and makes recommendations to the most efficient delivery method per protocol.
· Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, protocols, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per protocol.
· Performs airway maintenance including proper use of manual resuscitators, suctioning, extubating, assists with tracheostomy tube insertion, performs trach tube change, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, LMA insertion, endotracheal intubation, and procedural respiratory support.
· Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures accurately and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
· Initiates, maintains, transports, and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and advanced modes of ventilation per policy and procedure.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associates degree from a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Active and Current Florida State License as Registered Respiratory Therapist
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Active Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.