Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Rochester, New York
Huntington, West Virginia
Phoenix , Arizona
Erie , Pennsylvania
Charleston, West Virginia
Cooperstown, New York
U.S. Virgin Islands
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Location: Tampa, Florida
Internal Number: 23002384
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: 16 week FT contract
Shift: Seasonal days
Location: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Carrollwood
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): “Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and
counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of
illness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized
by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.”
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers – in person or on the telephone
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET technique.
· Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
· Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
· Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Demonstrate collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
· Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
· Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health/situation and unit specific data for process improvement initiatives including: initial patient assessment within expected timeframe, initiates consults as indicated from database collection, identifies patient/family teaching and discharge planning needs.
· Analyzes the assessment data to determine expected outcomes and plan of care
· Identifies expected outcomes for the plan of care individualized to the patient or situation and for unit specific PI outcomes. Participation in identification of unit specific PI outcomes
· The patient’s plan of care is developed, individualized and prioritized daily in collaboration with the patient, family and health team members that is sensitive to the patient’s cultural and spiritual needs and to attain expected outcomes.
· Implements the identified plans for patients and unit specific process improvement with appropriate nursing interventions and physicians orders in an accurate, timely manner and documents intervention according to hospital policy. Documentation meets criteria for core measure, charges, PI improvement, and all quality/regulatory standards as measured by chart audits. Coordinates implementation of the plan of care through leadership and delegation appropriate to skill level including but not limited to: LPNs, NTs, CNAs, Unit Secretaries, RTs, PTs. Educates patient/family based on assessed learning needs.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
· Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP, etc.) per specialty/unit requirements AND
· Valid NIH certification
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· ACLS, PALS, NRP as defined by unit competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of a school of nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· Experience in a specialty area(s) (ICU and PCU)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.