Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
New Orleans, Louisiana
Kansas City, Missouri
Greenville, North Carolina
West Columbia, South Carolina
Cooperstown, New York
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2105043798
Our 28-bed step-down unit cares for critically ill patients with a variety of medical and surgical diagnoses. Whether it is assisting to manage chronic illnesses or help treat acute conditions, our collaborative team lives to serve our Community and strives to provide safe, reliable, quality care. The Stepdown unit is great is place to grow your knowledge and clinical skills while working in a team environment and develops and grows the team. ACLS and NIH certified. The RNs attend the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses based orientation. We proudly promote professional nurse advancement. RN ratios of 1:4 with acuity based assignments and PCA ratio of 1:8. We do what we do because we are driven to make a difference in the patients we serve. Come help the helpers and be a part of our team!
Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
In addition to the staff nurse role, assumes shift responsibilities for the care delivery team. Assists in coordinating the provision of care through assigning and scheduling staff, as well as prioritizing, delegating and evaluating patient care. Assists in evaluating patient care provided by nursing staff. Assists in Process Improvement activities. Works with the interdisciplinary team to problem-solve system and unit-based issues. Provides input into nursing staff performance appraisals. Assists with Staff Educational requirements as needed. Participates in activities pertinent to the unit and hospital Demonstrates own commitment to personal and professional goals. The Clinical Coordinator will supplement staffing under direction of Administrative Director and/or Clinical Manager.
The Clinical Care Coordinator takes an abbreviated patient care assignment in order to assure the leadership responsibilities are fulfilled.
1. Functions as lead and resource person for nursing personnel. Acts as a clinical resource person and assists clinical manager in planning and facilitating staff meetings and staff development.
2. Collaborates with manager in prospective monitoring of the schedule to assure adequate nurse-patient ratio on a given shift. Reviews monthly schedule, communicating with staffing office regarding staffing changes.
3. Facilitates shared decision making among staff. Facilitates unit throughput on given shift to improve LOS (Length of Stay).
4. Coordinates/provides in-service programs to assist staff to maintain or enhance their competence in fulfilling job responsibilities based on identified needs of patient care personnel.
5. May assist manager with interview, selection, retention, mentoring, and evaluation of staff.
6. Participates in development of policies, procedures and standards for the department.
7. Assists with department Process Improvement and Peer Review.
1. Associate's Degree/Diploma required. BSN preferred.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse by the state of Michigan.
3. One to two years of progressively more responsible experience with evidence of increasing leadership abilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, delegate to others and facilitate processes.
5. Minimum Level 6 of the Promoting Excellence Performance Criteria, if an internal candidate, preferred.
6. BLS required, ACLS preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.