Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
West Columbia, South Carolina
West Islip , New York
Huntington, West Virginia
Palm Springs, California
New Orleans, Louisiana
Charleston, South Carolina
Phoenix West Valley, Arizona
Albany, New York
New Haven, Connecticut
Lansing , Michigan
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2205006066
DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michiganâ��s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the stateâ��s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroitâ��s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
A Respiratory Therapy Extern is defined as a person who is a full-time student in an accredited Respiratory Therapy program and works at the hospital in addition to their clinical studies. Under supervision of Registered Respiratory Therapists, the extern performs basic tasks, which have been learned in class and practiced in the School setting.
â�¢ Ensures safe and effective administration of medically prescribed medication, knowing their indications and contraindications and following the policy and procedures in administering therapeutic modalities
â�¢ Maintains accurate and appropriate documentation and departmental records
â�¢ Participates in the Continuous Quality Improvement Process for the department.
â�¢ Relates how processes that are being tracked to enhanced care given at the bedside
â�¢ Responds to arrest situations as a member of the 'code team'. Perform CPR as required
â�¢ Takes an active role in developing new ideas for process improvement and assists other personnel in data collection and interpretation
â�¢ To store, assemble and maintain equipment as needed
â�¢ Collects equipment from all the areas of the hospital and cleans and reassembles equipment according to proper procedure observing standard precautions
â�¢ Administers medication and treatments in accordance with established policies
â�¢ Reports identified unusual patient conditions/reaction to immediate supervisor
â�¢ Performs quality control on all Respiratory Care equipment to include I-STAT blood gas analyzer
â�¢ Utilizes resources efficiently and effectively
â�¢ Performs other duties as assigned
1. Must be a full-time student in good standing in an accredited Respiratory.
2. Successful completion of academic and clinical competencies, specific for each task.
3. Work experience may NOT substitute for minimum education requirement.
4. BLS Certification required.
1. Analytical ability to gather patient care data as it pertains to respiratory care.
2. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with patients and all levels of hospital staff, explaining procedures and eliciting cooperation. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required.
3. Observational skills necessary to monitor changes in patientâ��s condition and emergency situations.
4. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in Respiratory Care is necessary.
5. Ability to operate/troubleshoot all non- critical respiratory care equipment.
6. Demonstrates willingness to make a meaningful contribution to the work environment as evidenced through behavior and attitude.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.