Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
West Columbia, South Carolina
Phoenix West Valley, Arizona
Albany, New York
Hackensack, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2204600
RESEARCH ASSISTANT II - ALLERGY, PULMONARY AND CRITICAL CARE
Carry out experiments initially under direct supervision, but over time with partial independence in planning, implementation, and interpretation. Read and follow established laboratory protocols. Assist with general lab maintenance, including: freezer maintenance, inventory, and tracking of supply orders. Report data and findings to the lab manager and PI in a timely fashion. Keep detailed record of lab work and experimental procedures. May involve some animal work. Prior experiences in ELISA, qPCR, flow cytometry, platelet aggregation, microscopy, and data computing will be highly preferred.
Our lab is focused on the role of innate immune cells and mediators in adult-onset asthma with the goal of finding new and personalized treatment options for adults with asthma. Our prime areas of interest include: the mechanisms of disease severity and therapeutic response in patients with Aspirin-Exacerbated Respiratory Disease (AERD), the mechanism by which obesity alters airway inflammation in adults with asthma, and how human platelets contribute to airway inflammation via the innate and the adaptive immune response in the respiratory tract.
Department Summary:The Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care is directed by Dr. Timothy Blackwell and its mission is to:
Work hours: Monday - Friday, Normal Daytime Business Hours
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.