Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Palo Alto, California
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
West Columbia, South Carolina
Huntington, West Virginia
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 8977021
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Translational Research Administrator (TRA) will support the research programs in the Pediatric Pulmonary Division to include clinical, epidemiological and investigative work. TRA position is also responsible for managing and performing clinical, epidemiologic or investigative work in support of clinical or biomedical research focusing on "bench to bedside" technology transfer in fields related to cystic fibrosis and pulmonary medicine. The TRA will collect, verify, store, and retrieve information and perform pulmonary function and other respiratory procedures and testing in support of research under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator or his designated investigators.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
* Assists in the preparation of manuscripts for publication. Presents and/or authors relevant educational information (i.e. abstracts articles or chapters).
* Coordinates care for patients enrolled in assigned protocol to ensure study is conducted as written and that all required data are collected. Performs pulmonary testing and teaching of respiratory modalities to all subjects enrolled in research studies.
* Ensures accurate protocol implementation. Interacts with other personnel involved in research projects including principal investigator, other health care professionals, on-site departmental and support personnel, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) Therapeutics Development Network, representatives from other member institutions, vendors and industry sponsors.
* Ensures accurate, ethical, and appropriate management of study patients in compliance with all institutional and federal regulations.
* Oversees and implements budget development with special reference to study personnel costs. Oversees the tracking of study revenues and expenditures throughout study to help ensure appropriate use of funds and receipt of revenues.
* Provides staff education about all assigned protocols.
* Responsible for program development and oversight for lab staff, regulatory affairs coordinator, database coordinator and all new research coordinators.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience, One (1) year of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
License/Certification: CA Resp Care Prac (RCP), CCRC - Certified Clinical Research Coordinator, RPFT - Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist.
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to educate patients and parents regarding new clinical trials and all study related procedures.
* Ability to identify program deficiencies and problem solve.
* Ability to recruit patients for participation in clinical research trials.
* Ability to track study progress as well as patient progress of those involved in clinical trials.
* Knowledge of clinical trial execution from start up to close out - including budget development, general contract negotiation.
* Knowledge of pulmonary disease specifically cystic fibrosis.
* Knowledge of pulmonary function and respiratory therapy modalities.
* Skill in performing electrocardiograms (EKG)s.
* Skill in performing Nasal Potential Difference (NPD) procedures.
* Skill in performing sweat testing.
* Skill in trouble-shooting pulmonary function/respiratory equipment failure.
* Skill in using new pulmonary devices used as part of a clinical test.
Physical Requirements and Working ConditionsThe Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.