Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Huntington, West Virginia
Fargo, North Dakota
West Palm Beach, Florida
Phoenix West Valley, Arizona
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2205012785
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care.
â�¢ Provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
â�¢ Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to develop optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients.
â�¢ Performs patient assessments, evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy, and determines which respiratory care activities can be delegated to other care team members.
â�¢ Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence.
â�¢ May function as an in-charge therapist and preceptor, as requested.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
3. BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.
4. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
1. Skills necessary to evaluate patient conditions and operate all respiratory therapy and bedside pulmonary function equipment.
2. Skills necessary to calculate and regulate respiratory therapy modalities.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients and medical, nursing and professional staff to explain procedures and elicit cooperation.
4. Physical stamina necessary for frequent standing, walking, and lifting and positioning of patients.
5. Observational skills to judge changes in patient's condition and assess emergency situations.
6. Knowledge of regulatory standards associated with the field of Respiratory Care in the hospital (e.g., OSHA, MIOSHA, CAP, JCAHO, NFPA, ATS, CLIA, etc.).
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.