Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Apple Valley, California
Salt Lake City, Utah
Providence, Rhode Island
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Fargo, North Dakota
Cooperstown, New York
Lithonia , Georgia
Location: Wesley Chapel, Florida
Internal Number: 21043713
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time / Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
The role you’ll contribute:
The Intensive Care Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for coordinating the efforts of the multidisciplinary treatment team for the patients under his/her care. The RN is accountable for administering, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the nursing process in the provision of care; and will strive to maintain and improve patient outcomes. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act, Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS), regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice. S/he critically evaluates evidence for application to clinical practice in his/ her area of practice.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs initial nursing assessments. Documents findings within identified time frames and activates initial plan of care.
· Documents patients’ progress in the electronic medical record on a regular basis including assessment and management plans.
· Safely administers medications to patients according to hospital policy and procedures. Conducts second nurse verifications. Reconciles medication on admission and transfer.
· Reports actual or potential medication variances as well as other patient safety issues utilizing risk management system, and communication chain of command.
· Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Computer knowledge and skills
· Minimum Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing upon hire.
· Minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a critical care setting upon hire.
· Active Florida RN or APRN license required upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire, then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification or RQI upon hire, then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· Current NIHSS certification upon hire
· 8 hour of Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
· 8 hours Hip & Knee Replacement / Spine Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
· BSN or higher preferred.
· 2 or more years in ICU hospital experience preferred.
· Specialty certification preferred
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.