Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Florence, South Carolina
Atlantic County, New Jersey
Huntington, West Virginia
Charleston, South Carolina
Des Moines , Iowa
Kernersville, North Carolina
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2111289
The LifeFlight Ground Transport AEMT is an integral part of a comprehensive community-based EMS system, designed to provide both high-acuity urgent interfacility transports to a higher-level care and scheduled non-urgent transport of patients from VUMC hospitals to post-acute care facilities or home. LifeFlight Ground EMS also responds to requests for mutual aid to support any community 911 or hospital system during times of natural disaster, mass casualty, or other extreme circumstances. Each LifeFlight Ground transport base is specifically aligned in communities requiring direct support of VUMC hospitals or partnering facilities; however, the entire program responds to requests across a multi-state region.
The AEMT is responsible for assessment, treatment, and transport of all types of patients and conditions, and must be able to provide the level of care required to match the patient's needs (ALS, BLS or Specialty Care). The AEMT must initiate and or adapt patient care plans according to scope of practice requirements and LifeFlight approved treatment protocols and medical direction. The AEMT is responsible for continuously reassessing and adjusting care as conditions change with the goal of always optimizing outcomes. The AEMT is expected to always deliver exceptional compassion, professionalism, patient care, and customer service. Effective communications and close collaboration with EMS team members, hospital staff, communicators, and other key stake holders is essential.
The AEMT will communicate with all medical personnel and facilities' staff in a respectful manner while obtaining instructions or feedback for transport and hand-off. The AEMT will communicate clearly and concisely via radio to relay critical and time sensitive patient information to receiving facilities. The AEMT will complete all required documentation appropriately and in a timely manner. The AEMT will always operate an emergency vehicle and equipment in a safe and effective manner. The AEMT will work closely with their teammates to check, restock, inventory and clean emergency vehicles and supplies as to stay ready for a timely response. The AEMT will stay in good standing with state and institutional requirements.
Full Time, hourly (Non-Exempt): each bi-weekly pay period three 12-hour shifts in one week followed by four 12-hour shifts the second week.
$5,000 SIGNING BONUS for eligible new hires. (Former employees must be separated from Vanderbilt at least one year to be qualified.)
DEPARTMENT / UNIT SUMMARY:
LifeFlight Team is comprised of two major divisions - Air Medical Transport and Ground Medical Transport. The Ground Medical team is currently comprised of more than 250 staff members spread across multiple divisions (ALS/BLS Ground Transport, Critical Care Ground Transport, Event Medicine, Emergency Communications and Transport Coordination). The LifeFlight program is headquartered in Nashville, TN and currently operates multiple satellite locations across the state with more than 20 ambulances, nine helicopters, and one airplane. Visit vulifeflight.com for more information.
View how Vanderbilt LifeFlight Ground Transport employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning, and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education, and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.