Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Joshua Tree, California
Bronx, New York
West Islip, New York
Florence, South Carolina
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
salt lake city, Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah
Atlantic County, New Jersey
Fargo, North Dakota
Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
Vero Beach, Florida
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Location: Joshua Tree, California
Internal Number: 2105019699
12 Hour Per Diem Days
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
1. Knowledge of HDMC policy/procedure, nursing certification requirements for own and others positions. Performs own job duties and ensures that the supervised staff perform their duties within legal and professional regulations and guidelines. Ensures that self and those supervised apply nursing principles, techniques and practices according to HDMC policies and procedures. Leads by example to promote excellence in resident care. Models professional demeanor and acts as a mentor.
2. Knowledge of Residents Bill of Rights and Elder Abuse reporting regulations. Observes Residents Bill of Rights and Reports incidents of elder abuse, if indicated. Ensures supervised staff also is aware of and follow these regulations.
3. Arrives and leaves work timely. Follows HDMC Human Resources policies, especially regarding dressing code, call off policy, breaks, lateness and sleeping while on duty.
4. Ensures staffing for own shift and the following are adequate and appropriate according to set staffing guidelines. Contacts other nursing departments before calling in or calling off department staff. Appropriately and fairly sets staff assignments for their shift, and the following shift. Ensures staff workload is reasonable and as equally divided as possible.
5. Functions as the primary resource at the assigned unit, manages patient flow, residentsâ�� complaints, employee concerns, and is the primary contact for all physicians within the facility.
6. Answers facility phone calls timely, responds to call lights via the call light system and delegates when appropriate.
7. Demonstrates ability to delegate and achieve results through others.
8. Demonstrates understanding of and ensures compliance with all State and Federal requirements.
9. Assumes leadership role for daily operations and takes appropriate action.
10. Rounds on residents, nursing staff, and families daily to ensure good outcomes.
11. Supervises nursing staff, assists with hiring, education and disciplinary action of nursing staff.
12. Assists with writing and revising, and ensures staff understanding and compliance with policies, procedures and standards.
13. Demonstrates the ability to coordinate response to emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
14. Understands and demonstrates ability to work within the departmental budget.
15. Ensures staff schedule is accurate and timely, and checks staffing needs daily to provide that minimum ppd hour are met.
16. Meets regularly with the medical director and other staff physicians to ensure proper communication is maintained.
17. Ensures that communication with the Acute Hospital is accurate and cooperative.
18. Functions as a floor nurse, and/or certified nursing assistant when the facility needs so warrant.
19. Completes all daily, weekly, and monthly assignments as assigned.
20. Completes other duties as assigned.
21. Meets at least weekly with the DON.
Qualifications - External
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.