Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Santa Maria, California
SAINT LOUIS, Missouri
Huntington, West Virginia
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Fargo, North Dakota
Florence, South Carolina
Phoenix West Valley, Arizona
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2105042528
Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under limited direction and with/through subordinate personnel, assumes management responsibility for a designated group of clinics/clinical services. Responsible for, plans, implements and evaluates processes related to performance improvement, staffing effectiveness, fiscal management, staff competence and customer service outcomes within designated clinics/clinical services and in collaboration with senior leadership and subordinate staff.
Ensures that all regulatory requirements and standards are communicated, implemented and monitored as required by regulation or law. Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to plan, implement and evaluate activities related to department/service, hospital, and DMC objectives. Provides support to clinical and business operations, identifies the need for policy development and/or revision and defines policy in collaboration with higher-level management input and department/service goals and objectives. Oversees the development and/or revision of department/service procedures/protocols, and secure approvals, as necessary.
Collaborates with other managers/directors of ambulatory services to achieve consistencies within ambulatory clinical operations. Creates a culture of service and continuous improvement. Develops, monitors, and revises processes. Creates a culture of shared decision-making. Provides input into the development and revision of organizational design and/or monitors the quality and quantity of overall workflow. Initiates or recommends personnel actions such as hires, fires and disciplines for all area(s) assigned.
Completes performance appraisals. Develops and assesses performance of daily, monthly and/or yearly goals and measures for assigned area(s). As requested, assists in developing and monitoring budget for designated area(s).
Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, Joint Commission requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Bachelorâ��s degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, clinical healthcare field or equivalent degree, or the equivalent education and/or experience required. Masterâ��s degree preferred.
2. Three years of supervisory experience in a medical practice or similar ambulatory setting, including budget analysis experience.
3. RN license in the State of Michigan and bachelorâ��s degree - required in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, clinical healthcare field, if role includes coverage of General Pediatrics and/or Cardiology and/or CV Surgery with Academic Medicine (Residents/Fellows).
1. Analytical ability to make recommendations concerning the development of departmental policies, goals, budgets and staffing needs, to create solutions to difficult administrative, technical or human situations, to anticipate and resolve a broad range of issues and concerns on multiple, sometimes unrelated, topics, to determine the need for process development and refinement, to independently evaluate situations and outline ramifications of multiple solutions or options, to recommend goals for a function/area and understand when intervention in current work processes must occur to ensure successful delivery of service.
2. Communication and interpersonal skills for contacts with internal and external customers/stakeholders to obtain and interpret a variety of information based on knowledge of departmental practices, DMC policies and programs and specific technical and regulatory knowledge. Discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate; conflict resolution skills must be exercised where policy issues are concerned both within the functional area and interdepartmentally. Diplomacy, tack and listening skills are required. Ability to read, interpret and write technical materials.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.