Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
SAINT LOUIS, Missouri
Huntington, West Virginia
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Fargo, North Dakota
El Paso, Texas
Florence, South Carolina
Paterson, New Jersey
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Phoenix West Valley, Arizona
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2109401
Registered Nurse - Virtual First Health Plan
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The telemedicine Nurse Consultant (TNC) for Virtual First Health Plan will communicate with each caller professionally and tactfully. When appropriate, the caller's symptoms will be assessed and triaged using the nursing process and approved guidelines to obtain the proper care and/or self-care advice needed for the situation. If need the Telemedicine Nurse Consultant (TNC) for Virtual First Health Plan will schedule the client to see a provider or transfer to a telemedicine visit with a provider at the time of the call if necessary. The goal of the Virtual First Health Plan is to provide a one-stop location for all of the client's health and scheduling needs.
Department | Unit Summary:
This department will provide 24/7 nurse telephone triage and navigation. The plan will make telehealth a foundational modality of care, with the option for patients to follow up with in-person visits if necessary.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
1. Uphold and support the mission, objectives, and policies of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
2. Respond promptly and correctly to each incoming call.
3. If the call warrants a triage, the caller's stated symptoms will be assessed to safely determine the appropriate level of care required to meet the patient's medical needs. (Emergent, urgent, non-urgent or home care status)
4. When appropriate, provide home-care instructions using the approved guidelines as well as approved reference material provided.
5. Utilize all resources and guidelines at his/her disposal to assess effectively, prioritize, advise, schedule provider appointments, or refer calls when necessary to the appropriate medical facility, personnel, or specialized community service.
6. Refer patients to appropriate medical facilities or providers for care, utilizing approved guidelines as indicated by individual client profiles.
7. Thoroughly complete documentation utilizing the appropriate computer software in compliance with the approved policies and procedures.
8. Will support the Process Client RX refills and provide Lab result feedback
9. Actively participate in new employee orientation, ongoing in-service programs, staff meetings, continuous quality improvement, and periodic performance/protocol evaluations and development.
11. Maintain current nursing licensure by completing renewal applications promptly and complying with all continuing education requirements.
12. Other duties as assigned
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to assess and evaluate patients in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Conducts primary care patient interviews and physical examinations. Demonstrates sufficient acumen to recognize problems, ask questions and to contact the patient's primary care provider and other members of the healthcare team. Has experience in gathering pertinent clinical data that aid in referral, treatment, or other primary care pathways. CARE PLANNING (NOVICE): - Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved. NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty. EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully search for evidence to answer clinical questions. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.