Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Fountain Valley, California
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Santa Maria, California
SAINT LOUIS, Missouri
Huntington, West Virginia
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Fargo, North Dakota
Florence, South Carolina
Paterson, New Jersey
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Phoenix West Valley, Arizona
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105021815
$25,000 Sign On Bonus
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
The Cardiac Cath Lab Nurse is responsible to ensure the patient safety during the Cardiac Cath Lab Procedures. The Cath Lab Nurse is responsible for maintaining communication with the physician and charge and /or manager to keep the flow throughout the day. The Cath Lab Nurse is responsible for staying abreast of the changes to department and industry standard. The Cath Lab Nurse is responsible for filtering this information to the Cath Lab Team. On call required with 30 minute response time
1. Responsible for providing and managing professional nursing care in accordance to physicianâ��s procedural protocols and treatment plan. Utilize appropriate judgment in making decisions to anticipate patientâ��s needs and solve problems.
2. Functions as a resource to visitors, physicians and staff; greeting them promptly and courteously.
3. Obtains and records initial assessment and establishes priorities according to patient age, symptoms and psychosocial needs.
4. Obtains necessary equipment and supplies for procedure.
5. Operates hemodynamic monitoring devices effectively to ensure accurate documentation of procedures.
6. Re-assesses patients systematically to identify progress and trends that require intervention.
7. Responsible for effectively communicating with physicians regarding patient status.
8. Will successfully complete all documentation, assist physician, transport patient to cath lab holding room within at end of procedure.
9. Develops and implements a measurable individualized plan of care for the patient within the timeframe established by Nursing Standards of Care.
10. Makes comprehensive nursing decisions based on the interpretation of facts and evaluations of patient outcomes; modifies the plan of care based upon the evaluations.
11. Participates in patient/family health education and discharge planning.
12. Implements and documents timely interventions appropriate to patient needs.
13. Evaluates the plan of care.
14. Ensures excellent aseptic/sterile technique in the Cardiac Cath Lab (CCL) environment.
15. Performs various Point of Care testing procedures.
16. Assists with various cardiovascular diagnostic & interventional procedures under the direct supervision of the Cardiologist / Interventionalist.
17. Utilizes effective communication strategies, which result in intended outcomes.
18. Delegates unit work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of required patient care support activities.
19. Responsible for medication administration, security of medication, and reconciliation of medications. Verifies orders for medication with physician and administers under direction of physician per policy and procedure.
20. Performs accurate documentation regarding patient status, medications, patient assessment, procedural events, and procedural charges.
21. Administers medications safely and accurately and re-evaluates effectiveness.
22. Assists physician during procedures and demonstrates knowledge of supplies and equipment used in procedural areas.
23. Coordinates team assignments and makes adjustments based upon patient and unit needs; follows up on delegated patient care tasks for quality and completeness.
24. Responsible for regulatory and compliance standards in cath lab.
25. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
26. Responsible for efficient time and resource management in accomplishing acceptable work volumes (i.e. Supply costs, time mgt.)
27. Responsible for post procedural care and monitoring.
28. Utilizes the appropriate chain of command for resolution of difficult issues.
29. Utilizes the appropriate chain of command for resolution of difficult issues.
30. Completes room turn around according to policy.
31. Participates in orientation of new staff/students on the unit.
32. Promotes a positive work environment as evidenced by demonstrating a professional, supportive attitude for the unit staff.
33. Is receptive and responsive to new ideas.
34. Participates in the unit's growth and development through various mechanisms to improve organizational performance and policy and procedure.
35. Collaborates by working with others to achieve unit and organizational goals.
36. Attendance Policy.
The RN must be willing and able to rotate through the following roles:
a. The CCL RN II moves about the lab during the procedure providing equipment to the scrub tech and physician as needed. Attends to the needs of the patient as well as ensuring proper use of patient monitoring equipment. Assists in adhering to aseptic sterile technique.
a. Monitors vital signs during the procedure. Documents the procedure and creates a medical record. Records intra-cardiac/arterial pressures and waveforms. Is responsible for interdepartmental communications.
â�¢ Cath Lab Holding Room RN
Please refer to Cath Lab Holding Room Job Description for details.
1. Ensures accurate billing and order for each procedure
2. Completes other duties as assigned
3. Ensures timeliness from study order to completion.
4. Alerts Registered Nurse Coordinator of any system malfunction immediately.
5. Notifies Bio-Med with any equipment malfunction according to policy.
6. Ability to respond with thirty minutes of call back.
Critical Care or Emergency Room background; ability to identify and interpret ECG Rhythms, knowledge of cardiac medications
Current CA Nursing License; CPR certified Current ACLS, Current BLS;
The qualified candidate must be a graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse program, possess a current CA RN license and have a least with 3 years healthcare experience with at least 1 years working in the ICU or ER. Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification, extensive knowledge of the care of the cardiovascular patient, cardiovascular medications, experience with Invasive Cardiovascular procedures and peripheral vascular studies. Possess the required knowledge to assist in performance of cardiovascular diagnostic and therapeutic examinations. Extensive telemetry experience may be considered. Current knowledge and skills appropriate to age/type of patient population served.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.