Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
SAINT LOUIS, Missouri
Huntington, West Virginia
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Fargo, North Dakota
Florence, South Carolina
Paterson, New Jersey
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Phoenix West Valley, Arizona
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2113162
Your Role: Applies the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicates pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborates in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Furthers professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards.
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The HiRiSE clinic is located at The Vanderbilt Clinic, 1301 Medical Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37232. We provide preoperative anesthetic evaluations, including surgical risk stratification, and develop and implement plans of care to optimize medically complex adult individuals in the weeks before they undergo elective surgery. We are looking for motivated, self-directed team members who are committed to patient care excellence within a collaborative and compassionate environment that promotes teaching and learning for both patients and team members.
Each patient's plan of care is initiated and directed by an attending anesthesiologist, and supported by a concert of team members, including resident physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and support staff. The leadership team is comprised of a medical director, nursing director, and clinic manager. Clinic support staff is comprised of medical assistants, patient care technicians, and patient service specialists. The HiRiSE clinic shares a unique relationship with the Vanderbilt Preoperative Evaluation Clinic (VPEC) and many team members are cross trained to work within both clinic systems. Various resources are utilized for patient care: laboratory, imaging, social work, and medical specialty clinic referrals and testing.
We are committed to providing excellent patient centered care while providing a supportive and caring work environment for our team members.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to assess and evaluate patients in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Conducts primary care patient interviews and physical examinations. Demonstrates sufficient acumen to recognize problems, ask questions and to contact the patient's primary care provider and other members of the healthcare team. Has experience in gathering pertinent clinical data that aid in referral, treatment, or other primary care pathways. CARE PLANNING (NOVICE): - Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved. NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty. EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully search for evidence to answer clinical questions. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.