Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Huntington, West Virginia
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Florence, South Carolina
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Phoenix West Valley, Arizona
Des Moines , Iowa
Roslyn, New York
San Antonio, Texas
Los Angeles, California
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2005495
The Oncology Registered Nurse Bone Marrow Transplant Unit will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. The Oncology Registered Nurse Bone Marrow Transplant effectively communicates pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards.
Relocation Assistance available.
Department/Unit Summary :
This unit is a 34 bed unit that specializes in stem cell transplants, malignant hematology and clinical trials. Our patient focus is on family-centered patient care and maintaining the patient's quality of life.
A typical shift for our nurses includes caring for patients with the assistance of a care partner; administering chemotherapy, blood products, a variety of medications, reviewing laboratory findings and collaborating with the medical team to assess and address goals of care; educating patients on disease and treatment options. We are dedicated to providing a fulfilling and high energy work environment. Our nurses and care partners have a unique perspective on compassion and a strong belief in the enormous potential of cancer survivorship.
Our multidisciplinary team follows the span of our patients' lives through their physicality, frailties, suffering and successes while promoting wellness and self-care.
Due to prolonged inpatient stays, our team strives to create an environment that benefits patients, families, and staff through local charities, volunteers, and staff and management-lead committees. We continually work to improve and grow, championing all involved to continue to provide the best in cancer care. We Are:
* A 34-bed positive air flow heap-filtration unit
* Dedicated to providing care to Vanderbilt's Cancer Patient Population who require a higher level of care
* Part of Vanderbilt's Critical Care Tower and we opened in 2012
* A unit who supports our Cancer Caregivers - They are provided with access to showers and laundry facilities, and there is a dedicated family zone in each patient room
* Dedicated to the physical rehabilitation of our patients as we know cancer can have devastating effects. A Rehabilitation room has been created, with a recumbent bicycle, elliptical machine and ballet barre
* A unit with a nurse patient ratio of 1:3 or 1:4
To Learn More, Click Here:
Full-time (36 hours/week), night shift (7p-7a). The schedule is made for six weeks and we offer self-scheduling.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
* Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
* Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
* Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
* Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
* Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
* Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
* Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
* VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.