Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Roslyn, New York
San Antonio, Texas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Phoenix West Valley, Arizona
Los Angeles, California
Location: Killeen, Texas
Internal Number: 21015443
Emergency Room Registered Nurse- AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Full Time / Evenings
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy
· Assesses for, documents and intervenes when abuse or neglect suspected
· Recognizes potential emergency/life threatening situations and implements preventive measures
· When applicable, follows hospital protocol and physician orders regarding use of restraints
· Demonstrates skill and judgement necessary to implement physician’s orders and procedures and protocols of care, to provide quality patient care
· Maintains and demonstrates knowledge of therapeutic/side effects, interactions and skill in administration of medication
· Accurately administers and initiates intravenous therapy to include but not limited to, medication, blood, blood products, and cardiac drips.
· Remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and treat staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect
· Understands computer downtime procedures
· Understands the Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record (EMR) for retrieval of patient information
· Performs safe patient care by utilizing the PPID processes.
· Maintains patient confidentiality and protects patient’s health information
· Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by effectively communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in team problem solving methods
· Has knowledge of and understands current TJC Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
What You Will Need:
· Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas or Compact State
· General knowledge of professional nursing principles and techniques used in the assessment, care and treatment of the ED patient
· General knowledge of the pharmacological process in the appropriate administration or delivery of medications used to treat an ED patient
· Skills to maintain an effective working relationships with health professionals and others to create an environment that is conducive to carrying out the mission of the facility
· Skills to communicate (verbal and written) effectively to direct the overall professional nursing services in a manner which encourages the open exchange of ideas and information
· BLS (Basic Life Support) Required
· ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) - within the first 3 months of hire
· PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) - within the first 3 months of hire
· CPI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) – within the first 3 months of hire
· NIHSS (National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale) – within the first 3 months of hire
· TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Course) – within the first 18 months of hired
The AdventhHealth Central Texas’s Emergency Department (ED) is a 38 bed ED. The ED is divided into two areas; one area with 30 beds (25 exam rooms and 5 critical care rooms) and one area with eight beds capable of handling behavioral health (BH) patients and Fast Track (FT) patients. Also included is a 7 chair Turbo Track area to accommodate level 4-5 patients. The ED is a Trauma Level IV designated trauma center, Chest Pain Center with primary PCI and resuscitation, and Primary Stroke Center.
The ED Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient centered care in a critical care area as part of a multidisciplinary team to prioritize care through appropriate triage, assess the needs of the patient and provide treatment, and properly disposition the patient. The ED RN provides patient-centered care to a population within the age range of newborn to geriatric.
The ED RN works full time, part time or PRN. Variable shifts to meet the needs of the department which operates 24 hour a day, seven days a week. Weekend work is required.
The ED RN performs a wide variety of job duties during their shifts; promotes and restores patients’ health by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, completing the nursing process and the patients’ plans of care, providing emotional, physical and spiritual support to the patients and their families and supervising assigned team members. The ED RN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient’s nursing care needs. The ED RN continues to monitor and assess the patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
The ED RN is under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and the assigned Nurse Leaders. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the area assigned.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.