Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Joshua Tree, California
Roslyn, New York
San Antonio, Texas
Los Angeles, California
El Paso, Texas
New Orleans, Louisiana
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cooperstown, New York
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Location: Joshua Tree, California
Internal Number: 2105027885
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢ A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢ A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professional
Performs all types of general diagnostic radiological procedures and general fluoroscopic procedures as required of the position of Radiologic Technologist. Additionally, Radiologic Technologist (Advanced) performs interventional procedures to a level of competency as demonstrated to the Director or Chief Radiologic Technologist. Performs basic, non-interventional CT procedures, to include head, thorax, abdomen, pelvis, spine and extremity examinations. Competency in general diagnostic, interventional and basic non-interventional CT will be assessed by testing, demonstration and/or direct observation. Position reports to Chief Radiologic Technologist. Maintains quality assurance and performance improvement activities within the department as directed. Complies with all Joint Commission, federal, state and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols. Requires excellent customer service skills.
1. Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to
minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
2. Responsible for safe handling of equipment..
3. Instructs and prepares patients for radiologic, fluoroscopic, interventional and CT procedures.
4. Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
5. Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
6. Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure; makes appropriate physician
contact for intervention.
7. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces
the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
8. Makes special radiographic examinations requiring special equipment and procedures such as
interventional procedures, intra-operative procedures and basic (non-interventional) CT
9. Programs portable or stationary x-ray machines and makes radiographs for a variety of
10. Completes all necessary PACS functions to assure timely presentation of images to radiologists.
11. Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
12. Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
13. Assists in maintaining files.
14. Assists in training of students and ancillary personnel.
15. Takes standby call on a rotational basis.
16. Interacts professionally with patient/family.
17. Completes all tasks in a timely fashion.
18. Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including newborn, pediatric,
geriatric and general population.
19. Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean.
20. Completes annual educational requirements.
21. Maintains regulatory requirements.
22. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
23. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
24. Consistently completes and maintains assigned duties; maintains PAR levels.
25. Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch time system correctly.
26. Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
27. Attends at least __75%___ of staff meetings, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting
28. Maintains hospital requirements, policies and standards on confidentiality.
29. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
30. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI)
activities as directed.
31. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
32. Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital and the Medical Imaging
â�¢ Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
â�¢ Frequent prolonged standing/walking
â�¢ Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs)
â�¢ Manual dexterity mobility
â�¢ Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
â�¢ Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment
â�¢ Works in precarious or high locations (ladders, scaffolding, etc.)
â�¢ High School graduate; BS degree preferred.
â�¢ Graduation from an approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college affiliated or hospital trained.
â�¢ Certified by the State of California to administer radiation.
â�¢ Current BLS certification.
â�¢ Minimum of three (3) continuous years experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
â�¢ Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
â�¢ Basic computer knowledge.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.