Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
San Antonio, Texas
Los Angeles, California
El Paso, Texas
New Orleans, Louisiana
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cooperstown, New York
West Islip, New York
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Location: Dallas, Texas
Internal Number: 21016728
Baylor University Medical Center (BUMC) in Dallas, Texas, as part of Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH), the largest healthcare provider in the State of Texas, is seeking a transformational, visionary, and collaborative leader with a strong clinical and academic foundation as the Chief of Internal Medicine.
Summary of the Position
The BUMC Chief of Internal Medicine will develop a vision for the Department of Internal Medicine through the advancement of clinical programs, education and research. He/she will guide the transformation of care delivery in all areas of internal medicine and enhance the integration of care between departments on behalf of all patients we serve, simultaneously promoting exemplary outcome performance in nationally recognized domains and under the perpetual goal of Zero Harm.
The successful candidate will also possess a modern leadership acumen that allows him/her to transcend expected and unexpected boundaries, to forge alliances throughout the organization and beyond, and to maintain a desire for continual process improvement.
Further, this person will be an outstanding mentor to peers and learners alike and skilled in the development of relationships, working well with multiple partners across the clinical setting and leadership of BUMC in order to deliver preeminent multifaceted service line.
The Chief will report to the President and the Chief Medical Officer of BUMC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
It is expected that all of the major responsibilities outlined below will be carried out in a manner that reflects the mission, vision and values of BUMC.
The following represent areas in which the Chief is expected to make significant progress within the first 18 to 24 months of his/her tenure.
• Develop credibility, respect and approachability and establish productive relationships with BUMC senior leadership, and BUMC system leadership in order to advance the delivery of efficient, high quality services across BUMC and the BUMC. It is essential that the Chief be visible and quickly gain credibility as a leader who can champion the clinical delivery model objectives of Internal Medicine for BUMC.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the BUMC organizational structure and the complexities of care in the inpatient and ambulatory settings across the BUMC.
• Articulate a compelling vision and corresponding strategy for the future of Internal Medicine that will result in BUMC being viewed nationally as a leader in translational/clinical research, clinical care, and education.
• Develop a strategic assessment and business plan, in coordination with BUMC's strategic planning processes that address the BUMC’s Internal Medicine service line.
• Work to build relationships across the enterprise, setting a vision for what can be achieved and how all internal medicine physicians and subspecialists, regardless of their employment affiliation, play an important role in the development of the service line across BUMC.
Procedure for Candidacy
Nominations and applications, including a CV and letter of interest, can be sent in confidence to Shannon Smith at Shannon.Smith2@bswhealth.org.
Baylor Scott & White Health is an equal opportunity employer.
BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the following- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution- CME reimbursement and paid time off- Excellent Relocation Assistance packages
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.