Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Suffern, New York
Los Angeles, California
Cooperstown, New York
Vero Beach, Florida
Spartanburg, South Carolina
New York, New York
Salt Lake City, Utah
Albany, New York
Santa Rosa, California
San Diego, California
Location: Suffern, New York
Internal Number: 746
The CVICU Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to the critical care patient within Bon Secours Charity Health System. They provide direct nursing care by assessing patients' needs, performing physical examinations, and taking health history and demographic information. In addition, the Registered Nurse plans, develops, implements, administers, evaluates and updates specialized plans of treatment and preventive care regimens in accordance with medical orders and nursing standards, and also annotates medical records in accordance with established procedures, implements infection control protocols, and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Provides direct nursing care for ICU level cardiovascular medical, cardiac cath lab, stemi patients on intra-aortic balloon pumps, impella and multiple IV drips, ECMO devices, TAVR patients and cardiothoracic surgical patients straight from CVOR intubated with chest tubes, epicardial wires and is able to thoroughly assess their physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual status.
* Develops a plan of care consistent with the patient's condition and annotates medical records in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements and provides information to clinical and support staff to facilitate continued proper nursing care. Includes the patients and family in the process of care planning.
* Recognizes and identifies minor changes and variations in patient condition and escalates and intervenes appropriately. Anticipates needs of patients, family provides and facilitates recovery process.
* Performs comprehensive intensive care patient assessments, noting any improvement or deterioration in the patient's condition and implements and evaluates nursing care accordingly. Proficiency in cardiac monitoring and arrhythmia recognition and IV titration of multiple cardiovascular drips.
* Comprehensive assessment of patients and administers treatments, medications, and general care according to nursing plan of care, best practices, established protocols and medical orders to treat actual or potential disorders and to optimize the physical and mental well-being of the patients.
* Operates specialized medical equipment; ventilators, temporary pacemakers, arterial lines, swan ganz catheters, FloTrac devices, measuring invasive cardiac pressures Cardiac Output
* Evaluates and documents patients' responses to care regimen and adds to; changes or resolves interventions on the nursing plan of care and/ or collaborates with physician regarding the need to revise the treatment plan.
* Collaborates with appropriate members of the health team (i.e.: Nurse's Aide, Unit Assistants, CT PA's, CT Surgeons, Cardiologists) to coordinate care for patients.
* Coordinates care with other departments (i.e.: dietary, social services, rehab services, case management etc.), serving as a liaison to ensure services are provided in a timely manner.
* Provides education to the patient patient and family about medication, medical treatments; disease specific information, follow up care.
* Resolves conflicts effectively and facilitates a resolution.
* Participates in discharge planning in collaboration with other health care providers and community resources to ensure full utilization of support services which address patient needs.
* Participates in Quality Assurance activities to ensure provision of optimum care and follow-up for patients.
* Ensures continuity of nursing care by communicating a comprehensive handoff during transition to another nurse (at change of shift, change in assignment, transfer of patient, etc.) Participates with other professional team members in a multi-disciplinary approach to nursing care.
* Advocates the patient bill of rights and advocates on behalf of patients and families to ensure continuity and understanding of care given.
* Participates in continuing education programs and in-service education in order to provide the most appropriate nursing care. Completes continuing education programs on time.
* Complies with hospital policies and procedures.
* Actively participates in the performance improvement process including data collection, analysis, plan for change and implementation of changes.
* Precepts and mentors newer staff on the assigned unit.
* Attends staff meetings.
* May act as preceptor to new nurses to ensure appropriate orientation to assigned units.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a limited permit to practice nursing, issued by the New York State Education Department, or a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Education Department, as a Registered Nurse. Current BLS & ACLS required. Previous professional nursing experience required. 2-5 years of ICU experience required. CTICU/Open Heart experience preferred.
BSN Preferred. Completion of BSN is expected within 5 years of hire
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.