Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Roslyn, New York
San Antonio, Texas
El Paso, Texas
New Orleans, Louisiana
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cooperstown, New York
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Location: Miami, Florida
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: R100049539 Surgical Tech
$7,500 Sign -On Bonus to eligible Full Time positions
The University of Miami Health System has several immediate job opportunities for Surgical Tech's. Please apply now for Immediate consideration!
Fantastic Benefits, Growth Potential and Great Culture! at the U!!
The Surgical Technician 2 (U) accounts for the instruments and equipment used during surgical procedures and maintains a sterile field during surgical procedures. The Surgical Technician 2 (U) demonstrates competency and proficiency in the use of equipment and instruments for all surgical procedures that are performed within the department.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Prepares the surgical suite, ensuring environmental safety for the patient and personnel.
2. Demonstrates a surgical conscience by practicing aseptic technique.
3. Maintains a neat and organized sterile field.
4. Labels medications and solutions on the surgical field.
5. Returns instruments to the workroom for decontamination and returns unused supplies and instruments to their designated areas.
6. Participates in the stocking of sub sterile rooms and picks up the supplies for the next day.
7. Maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, and employee information, and other sensitive materials.
8. Demonstrates orientation towards service excellence by conducting daily activities, communications, and interactions in a cooperative, positive, and professional manner.
9. Cleans and sterilizes surgical instruments and assists with inventory and ordering of supplies for the surgery center.
10. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
•Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
•Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
•Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
•Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
•Commitment to the University’s core values.
•Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
CST Certification/NBSTSA preferred
BLS Certification from the American Heart Association
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience. (Will consider any relevant experience/education)
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.