Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Registered Respiratory Therapist – RRT - AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address Murray Medical Center: Calhoun, GA
Top 5 reasons to work at AdventHealth:
Located in the foothills of North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family.
Faith based organization
Employee Referral Program
Educational Reimbursement Plans
What You Will Be Responsible For:
· Oxygen therapy in accordance with departmental oxygen protocol.
· Prescribed medication via inhalation in accordance with the physician’s order.
· Performs nasotracheal / endotracheal suctioning
· Performs extubation procedures
· Performs tracheotomy tube changes
· Ensures that endotracheal tubes are rotated and retaped every 48-72 hours
· Rotates to critical care area routinely to ensure proficiency in ventilator management.
· Initiates, maintains and monitors mechanical ventilation, BIPAP/CPAP and other ventilatory devices as required.
· Performs weaning parameters on request and per protocol.
· Assesses patient post extubation to ensure absence of stridor and or laryngeal spasm.
· Assesses cuff pressure and endotracheal tube placement and documents.
· Initiates ventilator protocol orders in the absence of a physician’s order.
· May be required to perform intubation.
· Measures ventilator volumes, pressures and flows.
· Induces and collects sputum specimens.
· May be required to perform pulmonary function testing.
· Performs and assures accuracy of arterial blood gas puncture and analysis.
· Performs electrocardiograms.
· Enters correct documentation into the computer system.
· Ensures that daily maintenance is performed and in compliance.
· Ensures that blood gas results that exceed panic values are immediately communicated to the physician or nurse and entered in the panic value section of the computer.
· Participates in the Code Blue/Rapid Response/C-Section and High Risk Deliveries.
· Evaluates therapies and procedures performed for appropriateness, recommends changes.
· Provides backup assistance and training to other professionals as needed.
· Modifies assessment and interview techniques, identifying the psychosocial, physical and educational needs of the patient.
· Provides education and teaching specific to age group.
· Documents teaching performed in the interdisciplinary patient/family education record.
· Approved to take verbal / telephone orders related to cardiopulmonary specialties.
· Performs billing of procedures performed and equipment used.
· Records, processes and files patient reports / documentation.
· Discards disposable supplies
· Sends equipment to the department of Central Sterile for decontamination by the end of the shift.
· Decontaminates ventilators after use, sets-up with new equipment and performs SST for next use.
· Reports supply and equipment needs to the supervisor.
· Assures the equipment stocking is done in assigned area.
· Performs all duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
· Associates Degree in Respiratory Care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 1 year experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Must have a State of Georgia license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
· Must be BLS certified upon hire.
· ACLS, PALS, and NRP required within 6 months of hire date.
The Respiratory Therapist will deliver safe and effective care, which is consistent with the standards of care for this discipline. This position requires the Respiratory Therapist to be knowledgeable and proficient in the treatment of respiratory and cardiovascular disorders for inpatients and outpatients under the direction of the Cardiopulmonary Clinical Coordinator and the Director of Inpatient Services. This position requires intimate knowledge of both departmental and hospital policies and procedures relating to the field of Cardiopulmonary sciences. This position functions independently within the critical care areas of the hospital. "
For more information, please call 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1896 (Extension Required) or e-mail email@example.com
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.