Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
JOB SUMMARY: Independently works off assessment skills to activate patient care protocols to deliver patient care within the Tennessee paramedic scope of practice within the defined Vanderbilt paramedic scope of practice. Responsible for triage care in the field as well as the Emergency Department. Responsible for effective communication to ensure safe and quality patient care in paramedic team, transport and handover.
The Adult Emergency Room is the Level 1 Trauma Center for Middle Tennessee with 88 treatment areas including four trauma bays. We are one of the busiest emergency rooms in the country and see 69,000 patients annually. We have the ability to quickly diagnose through our use of two CT scanners and an x-ray machine for the Adult ER. We are a Comprehensive Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, and the Designated Level 1 Burn Center for the region.
Position Shift : Variable
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: AIRWAY ESTABLISHING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with airway establishing. CRITICAL THINKING - (NOVICE): - Displays clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, and sound evidence in the successful completion of tasks and projects. Demonstrates rational and disciplined thought as manifested in results. PROCEDURES KNOWLEDGE (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with procedures knowledge. ASSESSING, INTERVENING & STABILIZING PATIENTS (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with assessing, intervening and stabilizing patients. MEDICATION MANAGEMENT - (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience in assessing, identifying, and prioritizing medication related problems including: determining the clinical appropriateness of each medication taken by the patient, determining the appropriateness of the dose, dosage form, indication, contraindications, potential adverse effects and potential problems with concomitant medications, monitoring for therapeutic duplication or other unnecessary medications, interpreting, monitoring and assessing patient's laboratory results as they relate to medication therapy and providing drug information to other healthcare professionals, patients and their families.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S3):
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S3):
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S3):
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S3):
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S3):
For more information, please call 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1896 (Extension Required) or e-mail email@example.com
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.