Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
The Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner (NP) works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team. The hospitalist NP provides direct medical care to patients requiring hospitalization. The hospitalist NP has didactic education, clinical competency and national certification in identified area of clinical practice. The NP demonstrates medical knowledge, clinical judgment, technical competence, professionalism, interpersonal communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and is responsible for professional development and competency validation. The NP has an advanced knowledge of nursing theory and application. The hospitalist NP evaluates the patient to be admitted, summarizes the clinical findings in a history and physical, places appropriate orders for inpatient or observation care and collaborates with the admitting physician for the plan of care. Using a patient centered approach to facilitate patient throughput, the NP positively impacts length of stay and contributes to efforts to increase efficiency in care delivery and discharge planning.
Day Shift/ Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
* Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
* Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
* Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
* Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
* Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
* Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
* Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
Obtains and documents a health history; performs and documents complete, system-focused, or symptom-specific physical examination, assessment and plan of care.
In collaboration, provides healthcare services for primary, acute and complex care of patients and manages patient's overall care, identifying expected outcomes for diagnoses.
Orders, performs, interprets and collects data using appropriate assessment techniques, relevant supporting diagnostic information and diagnostic procedures where indicated.
Forms differential diagnoses and treats acute and chronic conditions.
Prescribes therapeutic interventions both pharmacologic, non-pharmacologic and surgical, needed to achieve expected outcomes.
Utilizes evidence-based, approved practice protocols in planning and implementing care;
Initiates appropriate referrals and consultations;
Provides specialty specific consultation services upon request and within specialty scope of practice;
Facilitates the patient's transition between and within health care settings, such as admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
Master's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year experience. 12 months of nursing experience preferred; Inpatient acute care advanced practice nursing experience desirable.
Registered Nurse (Required)
Additional Qualification Information:
Prefer National Specialty Board Certification, TN APN certificate/certificate of fitness to prescribe, eligible for DEA
For more information, please call 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1896 (Extension Required) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.