Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Nurse Aide Surgical Services AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. M-F. 30 Minute Call could be required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides supportive care to patients under the direct supervision of an RN and physician
· Adheres to hospital policy addressing standard precautions, safety regulations and guidelines
· Follows aseptic technique when opening and donning gloves
· Prepares OR suite between procedures, maintains an orderly area per unit standard of work
· Anticipates needs of OR room turn over and is readily available when needed
· Assists in moving, positioning and prepping of patients for surgical procedures under supervision of the RN
· Consults with clinical coordinator when in question or unfamiliar with equipment or procedure
· Stocks all warmers with blankets and fluids. Monitors the warming cabinet throughout the shift
· Stocks scrub sink areas with standard PPE and surgical hand scrub
· Stocks room with linens, PPE and hand sanitizer
· Cleans all equipment before putting back into storage
· Follows all infection control practices including hand washing and standard precautions
· Works in conjunction with the EVS team during room turn over
1. Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure
2. Replaces mop head after each case; careful not to contaminate clean solution
3. Provides each OR with a linen hamper and regular and hazardous waste bags
4. Ensure correct bed is ready, made and in the room for subsequent case
· Can assist in transporting patients to ICU or other departments with the RNs
· Able to transport blood products from the blood bank to the OR in a safe and efficient way
· Routinely runs for equipment and supplies
· Disposes of all linens, regular waste, hazardous waste and sharps containers in the appropriate waste disposal area. Exchanges red biohazard and green recycle bins.
· May run frozen section specimens to the lab under the direction of the RN
· Performs other duties as assigned under the direction and supervision of the OR Director/Manager/Supervisor/Charge RN
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic computer and keyboarding skills
· Excellent communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or GED upon hire
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One year of experience in an Operating Room
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· American Heart Association BLS upon hire
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
1. Exhibits ICARE values and SHARE skills in all interpersonal contacts. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with customers and populations served, including:
• The public
• Medical staff
• External business associates
2. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; maintains required level of confidentiality; interacts effectively with employees at all levels.
3. Conforms to all Adventist Health System and Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel policies and procedures including but not limited to:
• Employee Covenant
• Corporate Compliance
• Rules of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
• Dress Code
4. Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
5. Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: annual education, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, disaster procedure regulations and National Patient Safety Goals as presented in orientation, outlined in safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
6. Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
• Appropriate use of resources
• Providing assistance to team members
• Accepting work or schedule assignments
• Participating in process and performance improvement as required
7. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities
The Surgical Services Nurse Aide performs specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care in the assigned unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Surgical Services standards.
For more information, please call 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1896 (Extension Required) or e-mail email@example.com
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.