Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation,joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Clinical Manger is responsible for the day-to-day shift operations in the Skilled Nursing Facility. He/she manages human resources at the unit level in a cost-effective manner. The Clinical Manager promptly and fully investigates and resolves complaints of patients, visitors, staff, and physicians, advising management / administration appropriately. The Clinical Manager demonstrates an ability to respond and provide direction in changing workload during crisis and emergency situations. The Clinical Manager accepts responsibility for helping employees understand difficult administrative decisions. Access to all Patient Health Information for treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Age Specific Responsibilities
1. Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the patientâ��s needs.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development appropriate to the ages of the patients normally seen on the Unit.
3. Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the ages of the patients normally seen on the Unit.
Primary Position Responsibilities
1. Assist Director with performance evaluations as requested..
2. Counsels and disciplines staff in a timely manner as needed. Communicates disciplinary issues to Director.
3. Interviews staff as requested by Director.
4. Assures orientation is completed for all new and floating employees.
5. Promotes sound staffing practices by optimizing the utilization of human resources keeping in line with established bench marking and acuity data.
6. Flexes staffing appropriate and timely in accordance with patient acuity and census levels.
7. Utilizes individual patient classification system which predicts nursing care requirements by shift, and maintains documentation to discern trends and patterns of nursing care delivery by shift and staff mix in the daily staffing of the unit.
8. Assists in and understands YTD compliance with labor hour benchmark per unit of service.
9. Assesses and assists in the implementation of staff development and cross-training as needed.
10. Makes appropriate and fair staff/patient assignments taking into account the skill level and familiarity of the staff with the Unit.
11. Ensures staff complies with break assignment and cover. Does not allow multiple staff of same classification to leave the floor at the same time.
12. Ensures self and staff follow customer satisfaction initiatives, infection control, safety and other regulatory guidelines at all times.
1. Coordinates operation and systems within the unit on a specific shift.
2. Routinely participates in patient care in the department to achieve cost and staffing effectiveness..
3. Facilitates unit workflow and teamwork.
4. Acts to facilitate interdepartmental interactions.
5. Demonstrates effective problem solving.
6. Reviews referred patients for appropriateness for admission to SNF. Considers skilled needs, ability of SNF to provide appropriate care, acuity of patient and current population. Refers screened patient to Director if unsure of suitability for admission.
7. Makes appropriate bed assignments decisions based on and including (but not limited to) infection issues, cognition, type of illness, fall risk, etc. Attempt to ensure compatibility of room mates as much as is possible.
8. Assigns admissions to staff fairly and equitably. Ensures report taken promptly.
9. Ensures admissions and discharges process
10. Promptly responds to, and investigates all patient complaints and makes every attempt to resolve.
11. Assures timely follow up of patient, family, staff; and physician concerns after consultation with the Director and communicates outcome to Director.
12. Communicates all unresolved patient issues to the Director and/or the appropriate hospital personnel.
13. Maintains a tidy Unit â�� ensures staff keep Unit clean and tidy. Ensures staff follows regulations regarding storage, hallway clearance and other safety standards.
14. Assists in the control and monitoring of supply costs to achieve flexed budgeted costs.
15. Identifies areas of cost savings through labor and supply utilization efficiencies and communicates suggestions to Director.
General Position Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports changes in clinical practice and assists the Department Director implementing changes in hospital policies or practices.
2. Functions as a resource to co-workers. Acts as preceptor and role model as needed.
3. Ensures compliance with departmental policies and procedures. Assume responsibility for knowledge and implementation of policy, procedure, and applies to practice.
4. Assists with the development and initiation of strategic plans and goals for the Unit, and with development, review and revision of Policies and Procedures as requested by Director.
5. Maintains competence in nursing practice through attending in services and participation in ongoing continuing education per year.
6. Attends Annual Competencies as scheduled.
7. Participates in the Quality Improvement Program as requested by Unit Director. Is observant of staff performance and practices, and reports deficiencies to Department Director.
8. Displays professional behaviors, which include quality of care, performance accountability, education, collegiality, ethics, collaboration, research and resource utilization.
9. Demonstrates effective, positive, and responsible relationships with patients, families, medical director & key physicians, employees, management & administration, and related outside agencies
10. Follows appropriate chain of command for problem resolution approaching problem solving with a positive attitude and suggestions.
11. Maintains and improves current knowledge of regulations pertaining to long term care.
12. Reports any observed unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
13. Utilizes standard precautions. Ensures others observed follow Standard Precautions.
14. Handles and disposes hazardous waste safely and appropriately.
15. Consistently handles oxygen safely
16. Reports malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate department timely.
17. Ensures call lights are answered timely when not actively involved in other duties. Reports patient need to the appropriate personnel.
14. Adheres to hospital attendance/tardiness policy.
15. Demonstrates guest relations in communication, cooperation and in giving assistance to patients, physicians, co-workers and visitors in a prompt and courteous manner. The Unit achieving 4 or 5 star PSMS scores in a majority of months of the year demonstrates success in this component.
16. Acts as the patients advocate and assures that patient rights are upheld.
17. Observes for, and promptly reports to the Director or Ombudsman, any observed patient abuse. Immediately intervenes appropriately if observes abuse in order to protect the patient from harm. Understands the law as it pertains to mandated reporting.
18. Participates in all Code Blue, Fire, Disaster and other emergency drill when present to ensure knows role in event of actual emergency.
19. Attends all Ethics and other education required by the Hospital, Unit or Director.
20. Other duties as appropriately assigned by Unit Director.
Current California RN License
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience
Demonstrated clinical competence and leadership skills
Demonstrated ability to present self in positive and professional manner
Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times)
Previous management experience.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
For more information, please call 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1896 (Extension Required) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.