Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Position Summary Performs blood tests and studies morphology of constituents of blood to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ensures instrumentation of operating in accordance with laboratory practice.
1. Meets all criteria of a CLS.
2. Follows established procedures and laboratory protocols. 3. Evaluates personnel performance and provides written documentation at required intervals. 4. Maintains good relations with patients, medical staff and other departments as well as other hospitals that use services. 5. Follows QC, QI and PM program. Is accurate and complete in documentation; following through in appropriate manner. 6. Directs and monitors operation of department; guiding in decisions and flow of department. 7. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops. 8. Is a resource for problem solving, client concerns and over all laboratory practices. 9. Apprises Admin Director and Pathologist of issues, problems, concerns, as well as suggestions for lab functions. 10. Prepares work schedules and is aware of pending issues that can impact department operation.
11. Observes and monitors personnel practices and takes action when necessary.
12. Responsible for the department staff competencies.
13. Provides age appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including newborn, pediatric, geriatric and general population.
14. Provides written documentation required for various reports and projects.
Physical Demands â�¢ Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs). â�¢ Manual dexterity and mobility. â�¢ Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. â�¢ Occasional standing/walking. â�¢ Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment.
Vision Requirements â�¢ Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
Working Conditions â�¢ Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances â�¢ Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment â�¢ Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens â�¢ Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens â�¢ Handles emergency or crisis situations â�¢ Occasionally subjected to irregular hours â�¢ Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases â�¢ Subject to many interruptions
Licensure â�¢ Requires licensure as a California Clinical Laboratory Scientist â�¢ ASCP Certification preferred
Minimum Experience â�¢ Sufficient previous experience in all areas of the lab.
Required Protective Equipment â�¢ Face Protection â�¢ Lab Coat or Apron â�¢ Non-Sterile Medical Gloves â�¢ Utility Gloves
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
For more information, please call 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1896 (Extension Required) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.