Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
1. Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
2. Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient and family.
3. Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of care.
4. Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
5. Develops patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others.
6. Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others
7. Actively involves patient and family/significant others in planning patient's care.
8. Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and family/significant others.
9. Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the patient's care.
10. Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
11. Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
12. Implements changes in physician's orders in a timely manner.
13. Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
14. Provides patient and family teaching.
15. Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
16. Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
17. Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
18. Updates and revises care to be delivered as patient's needs change.
19. Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
20. Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
21. Assign tasks appropriately and guides team members based on their skills and abilities.
22. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
23. Conducts patient care conferences.
24. Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care conferences.
25. Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new personnel.
26. Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
27. Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs.
28. Performs common nursing procedures in the care of the L&D patient.
29. Demonstrates the ability to organize and manage patient care assignments.
30. Works toward proficiency in vaginal exams and determination of fetal position in preparation for fetal electrode placement and intrauterine pressure catheter.
31. Demonstrates knowledge of policy and protocol for use of magnesium sulfate infusion and ability to deliver care to patients with pregnancy induced hypertension.
32. Demonstrates ability to circulate for surgical cases in L&D operating room; utilizes aseptic techniques and principles correctly.
33. Demonstrates ability to scrub for surgical cases in L&D operating room; utilizes aseptic techniques and principles correctly.
34. Demonstrates ability to assist with sterile vaginal speculum examination.
35. Demonstrates verbally and through chart documentation, an awareness of community and AWHONN standards of care.
36. Demonstrates ability to make basic EFM strip interpretations and intervene.
37. Maintains and stocks equipment and supplies daily.
38. Attends four fetal monitor strip reviews per year (recommend minimum one attendance at monthly UCI Outreach or perinatology QRC.
39. Successfully completes annual Neonatal Resuscitation classes.
40. Attends current employee update and completes skill requirements for L&D yearly.
41. Point of care testing
Knowledge necessary to obtain RN license in the state of California and current California R.N. license.
Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and NRP certification. **New Grad RNs & Experienced RNs without L&D experience have up to 30-days after date of hire/transfer to obtain BLS, ACLS, and NRP.
Minimum Experience: At least 1 year prior L&D Experience Required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
For more information, please call 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1896 (Extension Required) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.