Adult Surviving Sepis Campaign Guidelines (Hour-1 Bundle)
Children's Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines
Adult ICU Liberation Guidelines and Bundle (A-F)
Management of Adults with COVID-19
Forgot username or password?
New User? Sign Up Free
LOCATION: JOHN H STROGER JR HOSPITAL - Pediatrics - Child Protective Services
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address : MDRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email . An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
The Attending Physician VI provides inpatient and outpatient evaluation and clinical care of infants, children, and families with issues of child abuse or neglect at Cook County Health (CCH), including the Children's Advocacy Center Clinic, and other settings as assigned. Participates in resident education activities and ensures that such activities conform to the standards documented in the Program Requirements of the Pediatric Residency Review Committee (RRC) of the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Participates in fellow education activities and ensures that such activities conform to the standards documented in the Program Requirements of the Pediatric RCC of the ACGME. Works cooperatively with other agencies charged with the evaluation of alleged victims of child abuse and neglect.
* Participates in clinical care, research and teaching for the Division of Child Protective Services at CCH, including the Children's Advocacy Center Clinic, and other settings as assigned
* Provides and supervises inpatient and outpatient clinical care for infants, children, and families with issues of abuse or neglect
* Collaborates with administrative nursing staff
* Participates in the evaluation and management of infants, children, and families seen at the Children's Advocacy Center Clinic
* Works cooperatively with other agencies charged with the evaluation of alleged victims of child abuse and neglect
* Provides Child Abuse Pediatrics education to pediatric and family medicine residents and Child Abuse Pediatrics fellows in accordance with the program requirements of the ACGME
* Facilitates medical education training in Child Abuse Pediatrics for medical students
* Participates in quality, compliance and patient safety initiatives focusing on evidence-based solutions to minimize risk; works to implement patient safety goals and quality measures
* Adheres to all Department, CCH, Local and Federal requirements, rules and regulations
* Actively participates in goals and activities of the Department of Pediatrics including administration, productivity, quality, education and clinical research
* Performs additional departmental and hospital responsibilities as designated by the Chair of the Department of Pediatrics
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).
Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
* A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more information, please call 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1896 (Extension Required) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss an opportunity! Access the latest job postings from your mobile device. Career Central is available within the SCCM App.