The Fellow will participate in additional training after the completion of their Residency. The training will be in association and cooperation with its affiliated participating institutions in Graduate Medical Education Programs. The training program will develop specialized skills and experiences in a wide range of clinical populations. Upon successful completion of the training program, the Fellow will be prepared to sit for the appropriate Medical Specialty Boards. The essential functions of the Fellow include the following:
- Participates in the clinical evaluation and care of patients in a variety of patient care settings with sufficient frequency to achieve the competencies required by their discipline under the direct supervision of the attending staff.
- Fellows may write orders and progress notes in patient charts, although attending physicians retain responsibility for the care of patients seen by fellows and must review the care of their patients.
- Performs procedures, which are specified by each program director, under the direct supervision of attending physician.
- Assumes progressive responsibility for patient care activities according to fellow's level of education, ability and experience. The attending staff will determine the fellow's level of responsibility and autonomy.
- Effectively communicates with their supervising attending regarding the findings of their evaluation, physical examination, interpretation of diagnostic tests, and intended interventions on a continuous basis.
- Participates fully in the educational and scholarly activities of the program and, as required, assume responsibility for teaching and supervising other residents and students.
- Participates in appropriate institutional committees and councils whose actions affect their education and/or patient care including, but not limited to quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Develops a personal program of learning to foster continued professional growth with guidance from the teaching staff. The ideal Fellow candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills.
§Location/Facility – Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Temple, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
üImmediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and time off
ü401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar employer match
ü457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
üCME reimbursement and paid time off
üExcellent Relocation Assistance packages
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States.With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations.Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
§Doctorate Degree in Medicine
§Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
§Employeeshallbecurrentlyboardcertifiedin his or her specialtyordemonstrate activepursuitofboardcertificationasdefinedby theappropriatespecialty boardoftheAmerican Board ofMedicalSpecialties or theBureau ofOsteopathicSpecialists.
Internal Number: 20014333
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!