WORK SCHEDULE: Days (7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday, No Weekends or Holidays)
WORK TYPE: Full Time
Works with a behavioral health care team to provide appropriate interventions to patients and families. Coordinates utilization of resources in the most cost-effective manner to meet patient's ongoing psychosocial and continuing care needs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*1. Manages and coordinates interdisciplinary care for patients. Active participation in clinical team to assess mental health, substance abuse, and medical needs and develop a plan to address these areas.
*2. Identifies patient's psychosocial needs in collaboration with the treatment team and implements plan of care and appropriate intervention to meet plan needs. Reviews medical record, interviews patient and family members. Discusses individual case with treatment team in order to develop and implement appropriate interventions. Daily rounding with attending psychiatrist and psychiatric residents. Participate in treatment team meetings regarding care plan. Regular updates to authorized family/friends.
*3. Assesses patient and family level of understanding of diagnosis and treatment and determines ability to comply with psychiatric recommendations. Provides intervention to maximize compliance with treatment plans.
4. Coordinates internal and external services to meet care needs of patient. Maintains working knowledge of in-house and community resources and legal obligations.
*5. Educates patients and families regarding behavioral health care delivery systems including resources and limitations. Seamless transition to home and community by receiving all necessary follow up appointments and services.
6. Assesses ability to help patients return to their own environment.
7. Strong knowledge base regarding local provider network, housing options, community supports and services.
8. Adheres to patient bill of rights and social work code of ethics.
9. Keeps current with organizational communication.
10. Attends education sessions to keep current with care of patients with mental illness.
11. Completes required forms that patients need assistance with or for community resources or long term care.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
*Denotes essential job functions.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrates a high levels of social work competence.
· Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external health professionals as well as community resources.
· Demonstrates enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
· Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to use problem-solving techniques to achieve desired results and effective change.
· Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
· Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and time-manage responsibilities.
· Demonstrated basic computer skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Licensed Social Worker & Master's degree in Social Work required.
· Minimum of one year experience as a clinical social worker required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
GEISINGER-COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER (G-CMC), Scranton, Pa., is an acute care hospital licensed for 297 beds and houses the only Level II Trauma Center in Lackawanna County and Scranton’s only neurosurgery program and adult in-patient behavioral health unit. It is also home to comprehensive cardiovascular and orthopaedic services, as well as a broad range of other surgical and radiological services.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.