You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here .
* Graduate of an approved Nursing Program (BSN preferred)
* Active Tennessee RN license
* 6 months of RN experience
This is a 12-hour shift, 36 hours per week, night shift position. The schedule is made for six weeks and we offer self-scheduling.
* The ACE Unit, located in Medical Center North at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, is fast-paced and focused on acute medicine. Acute Care of the Elderly is the specialty of this 22 bed unit, which cares for patients 65 years of age and older.
* The mission of the ACE Unit is to provide compassionate, quality care that is respectful, patient/family-centered, safe, and cost efficient. Our nurses are able to utilize evidence-based guidelines and specialized gerontology nursing education in caring for the patients on the ACE Unit. The staff experiences the professional satisfaction that comes with making a difference every day for their patients and families, while expanding their critical care knowledge base and applying critical thinking skills to understand and intervene in the care of their patients.
Our population of patients may include patients with any number of co-morbidities, including neurological, respiratory, cardiac, gastrointestinal, renal and endocrine medical conditions.
* All beds are appropriate for telemetry and sp02 monitoring.
* Staffing Management structure of the Ace Unit consists of the Unit Manager and 3 Clinical Staff Leaders and Nurse Educator. Each Clinical Staff Leader is responsible for 18-20 staff. The staff is composed of RN's, Care Partners and Medical Receptionists. RN assignments are determined by patient census and acuity. Normal RN ratios are 5:1.
Orientation All RNs complete a centralized hospital and nursing orientation, in addition to the unit orientation. The unit-specific Ace Unit competency-based orientation is structured to fit the needs of the experience level of the RN. In addition to a clinical, preceptor-based bedside orientation, RNs attend classes in basic arrhythmia and BLS.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.