Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Provides speech therapy services under the orders of a qualified individual.
1. Evaluates patients effectively for therapy services within 24 hours of receiving orders.
2. Obtains orders/makes recommendations for changes in treatment plan with M.D.
3. Assesses, plans, implements treatment plan per policy guidelines and identified patient needs.
4. Completes documentation accurately per Title 22 (evaluation, wkly note, and discharge note).
5. Attends interdisciplinary clinical meetings/rounds as necessary.
6. Delegateï¿½s portions of therapy appropriately to appropriate support staff for overall department efficiency.
7. Makes a recommendation for next level of care.
8. Includes patient/family goals consistently for all patients.
9. Demonstrates a complete knowledge of body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patients. Uses safety and care in transferring, lifting, walking and gait training of patients.
10. Demonstrates ability to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric age groups. Has good working knowledge of development sequence.
1. Billing in completed accurately (matches treatment notes) on a daily basis. Therapist ensures this information in entered daily before the end of the business day.
2. Productivity standard is met consistently on a daily basis.
3. Minimal to no overtime is required for shifts
4. No delinquent documentation.
1. Attends at least two seminars per year to improve clinical skills. May use .edu as one of the seminars.
2. Provides at least one inservice per year for Clinical information.
A. Minimum Education: Current Speech language Pathologist license in the State of California. Current American Heart Association Healthcare provider BLS CPR (renewed biannually).
B. Minimum Experience: One year of experience in general Acute care preferred. CFY candidates may be utilized if they meet the supervision and documentation guidelines set forth by the California Speech Therapy Board of California. Clinical competency in Dysphagia preferred.
C. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates ability to work as an interdisciplinary team member. Must be willing to cross train to multiple areas. Demonstrates good working knowledge of Title 22, JCAHO standards and county regulations. Strong communication/people skills. Possess the skills necessary to perform evaluations of patients in ages ranging from pediatric to geriatric. Must be able to speak, read and write English.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Speech Therapy
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905037383
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.