What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our Nurse Practitioners answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As the most acute level of care in Kindred's continuum, our transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit , but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Nurse Practitioner you will:
Under indirect supervision, provides independent primary care in a variety of clinical settings to a specified population of non-emergency patients. Provides consultation and advice to others as a highly specialized practitioner.
* Assesses plans, coordinates and delivers patient care in conjunction with the physician and consulting as needed.
* Performs assessments on assigned patients. Performs physical exam including appropriate laboratory procedures, screening of gross physical signs and symptoms. Elicits and records health, family and psychosocial history. Collaborates with physician to initiate, record, and implement a plan of care. Plans for diagnostic workup and regulation and adjustment of treatments and medications as evidenced by documentation and feedback.
* Documents progress and provides necessary information on records for use in the practice.
* Initiates referrals if indicated as evidenced by documentation and feedback.
* Participates in and supports quality assurance/CQI programs and processes.
* Serves on standing and ad hoc quality teams as required.
* Demonstrates commitment to organizational goals.
* Attends all mandatory in-services as directed.
* Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
* Demonstrates orientation toward excellent customer service by conducting daily activities, communications, and interactions in a cooperative, positive, and professional manner. Displays courtesy toward customers by introducing self and addressing customers by name. Meets customers' expectations by listening to and demonstrating sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through to ensure that established expectations are satisfied; keeps customers informed progress.
Transplant Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, NP, Hospital Nurse Practitioner, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Hospital Transplant NP, Critical Care, ICU, Acute Care NP, ICU NP, MSN, Masters Nursing, 77030
Education: Masters Degree in Nursing.
Licenses/Certification : Current State RN license. Nurse Practitioner Certification. State certification for prescribing medication
Experience: 2 years.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here .
Job : Nursing Primary Location : TX-Houston-Kindred Hospital-Houston Med Ctr Organization : 4685 - Kindred Hospital-Houston Med Ctr Shift : Day