Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists in patient transportation to and from Cath lab; prepares the patient for heart catheterization by explaining procedures; offers support as needed.
2. Ensures that the patientï¿½s chart is ready; properly signed consents, abnormal lab work, allergies; reports necessary information to physician and cath lab team.
3. Based on changing patient needs, evaluates, revises and updates patient care during the catheterization period. Demonstrates ability to set priorities and delegates duties as indicated.
4. Identifies areas of own strengths and weaknesses and seeks assistance from appropriate individuals.
5. Assesses the learning needs of less experienced team members and contributes to their leaning experiences.
1. Utilizes the schedule for planning for each procedure.
2. Coordinates patient care needs with team members and other appropriate departments.
1. Maintains a patient care environment that is clean, orderly and supports safe patient care.
2. Utilizes the Cath lab record to document and communicate patient information in a concise and orderly manner.
3. Adheres to strict aseptic technique for sterile procedures.
4. Performs routine and advanced skills according to protocol (includes administration of medications, proper positioning).
5. Prepares the patient, including setting up the sterile field, back table and all instrumentation and catheters needed.
6. Tests all equipment prior to procedure to insure proper functioning.
7. Calculates hemodynamic pressures valve areas, ejection fractions, cardiac outputs and properly prepares written data sheets and all forms required in the Cath lab.
8. Provides emergency care, mixes and administers IV drops safely and properly; monitors effects on patients.
9. Uses supplies judiciously and in a cost effective manner.
10. Operates mechanical and electrical equipment according to manufacturerï¿½s instructions.
11. Post-procedure, provides a complete and thorough report to the nurse caring for the patient.
12. Point of care testing
1. Participates in department product evaluation.
2. Based upon assignment of current/past methods makes suggestions for improving patient care.
3. Evaluates utilization of resources (i.e. supplies and equipment in relation to cost effectiveness).
4. Attends inservices and symposiums to keep updates on cardiology and nursing advances.
5. Assists in the maintenance of: an appropriately stocked laboratory, supplies, medications, equipment cleaning and sterilization.
6. Maintains the emergency crash cart.
7. Assists in the retrieving of film and hemo reports.
A. Minimum Education: Education necessary to obtain RN license in the state of California and current California RN license. Current American Heart Association BLS & ACLS certification. Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
B. Minimum Experience: 2 years cardiac cath lab experience, circulating and monitoring required. Demonstrated knowledge of cardiac rhythms and cardiac hemodynamics and a minimum one year experience in intensive care of coronary unit required.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
If Other Shift, Specify: 10hr with call
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905025177
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.