Salary Range: Salary commensurate with applicant’s education and experience
Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs, sets goals, and prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social, and rehabilitative needs of the patient, including discharge planning.
Assesses, intervenes, and reassesses the patient's self-report/symptoms of pain promptly. Utilize an appropriate tool for assessment and reassessment (0-10 numerical scale, FACES, or the FLACC.)
Demonstrates an understanding of medications with regards to action and side effects. Reports pertinent information to appropriate individual. Educates patients and significant others about their medications.
Demonstrates the ability to evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions in accomplishing goals and intended patient care outcomes.
Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the hospital and Nursing Dept.
Participates in meetings, in-services, and quality and performance improvement groups. Full understanding of the attendance and punctuality guidelines, and adhere to the dress code.
Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate person (i.e. physicians, head nurse, charge nurse, and/or nursing supervisor) and records those observations accurately and concisely. Provides quality care to patients and work with multi-disciplinary team to ensure the highest patient satisfaction.
Possession of a current Missouri license to practice as a registered nurse or eligible to be licensed.
Requires at least 1 year in Acute Care and/or Operation Room Experience.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
13 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 18000192
About University of Missouri Health Care
Ready to work at one of the Nation's top performing academic medical centers, known for delivering high quality, patient-centered care? If so, MU Health Care is the place for you. As the regions only Level 1 trauma center and premier academic medical system, MU Health Care is home to groundbreaking research that has made us an international health care destination. As a nurse at MU Health Care, you will collaborate with our highly specialized physicians to help patients from across Missouri and around the world, receive leading-edge care in state-of-the-art facilities. All five of our hospitals are located in beautiful Columbia, MO, recently named the best place to live in Missouri by MSN and the 6th best city in the Nation for nurses to live and work.
As a nurse at MU Health Care, you can take advantage of:
• $10,000 Student Loan Repayment
• $10,000 Retention Reward
• $10,000 Referral Reward
• $5,000 Paid Relocation
• $8 to $12/hour Weekend Premium
• 75% off Tuition, 50% off for spouse and dependents
• PRN Rates up to $44/hour
• Nurse Refresher Course
• Nurse Residency Program
These programs are in addition to our FULL COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS THAT BEGIN YOUR FIR...ST DAY OF ORIENTATION - for both yourself, spouse, and dependents. Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Multiple Retirement Options, Paid Holidays, Generous Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Discounts on Cell Phone Plans, Gym Memberships, Rental Cars, Hotels, $450 Wellness Incentive, and much more!
MU Health Care's Hospitals Include:
• University Hospital: Level 1, Frank L. Mitchell Jr., MI Trauma Center: A nationally accredited Cycle II Chest Pain Center and a nationally accredited Primary Stroke Center, the George D. Peak Memorial Burn and Wound Center.
• MU Women's and Children's Hospital: Missouri's only hospital dedicated to women and children. It is the largest pediatric health care facility in mid-Missouri.
• Ellis Fischel Cancer Center: Missouri's only hospital dedicated solely to cancer care.
• Missouri Orthopaedic Institute: The newest and largest freestanding orthopaedic center in mid-Missouri.
• The Missouri Psychiatric Center: Offers short-term, intensive inpatient treatment services for adults, adolescents, and children.
MU Health Care Awards:
• 2017 & 2018 Award for "Top 150 Best Places to Work in Health Care" - Becker's Hospital Review
• One of the Nation's "Most Wired" hospitals 8 consecutive years (2011-2018) - Most Wired Survey
• Transformational Leadership Award - College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) and the American Hospital Association.
• Global HIMSS Enterprise Nicholas E. Davies Award of Excellence