• North Suburban has beautiful new ORs thanks to a multimillion dollar investment two years ago
• North Suburban will transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma center in the next year, providing the opportunity to work on exciting, life-changing trauma cases, in addition to elective cases, and be part of helping to shape this transition during 2015
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for 4 years in a row – only 1 of 2 in Colorado hospitals to achieve this recognition the last four years
• Received The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Recertification
• Received the top rating (an “A”) on the Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety score in Fall 2014 survey
• Received Chest Pain Accreditation through the Society of Chest Pain Centers
• Honored by March of Dimes for having zero elective deliveries before 39 weeks
• Honored with the “Excellence in Patient Care” award by the Studer Group in recognition of our consistent performance in top-quality patient care
• Ranked one of the top five safest hospitals in the Denver area by a Consumer Reports study on several safety measures
Position Summary: The Surgical Technologist will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures performed in the surgical department. The Surgical Technologist is experienced in all aspects of aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases; pulling cases as needed; breaking down cases at the end of the procedure. He/she is knowledgeable regarding instrumentation, equipment and supply needs for all types of surgical procedures. The Surgical technologist III accepts additional responsibility for specific surgical specialties when functioning in the coordinator or lead tech role, including obtaining supplies and equipment, maintaining preference cards, educating other Surgical techs and planning for new needs in that specialty. The Surgery Technologist performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan for NSMC. The operating room technologist displays positive support for NSMC, as well as the HealthONE Corporation.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Completion of a Surgical Technologist program, current RST or LPN or RN, BCLS required. Service Coordinator or Specialty Lead Tech Required. CST Preferred.
Education: Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
Experience: One year of experience as a Surgery Technologist, and demonstrates competence as a Surgical Technologist.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Advanced knowledge in the scrub role and responsibilities for multiple surgical specialties (i.e. Craniotomies, Cardiac, Complex Spine). Demonstrates good organizational skills, and adheres to all departmental patient safety initiatives. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
We focus on keeping benefits fair, smart and competitive with a full package of rewards that support your health, life, career and future. As part of our commitment to a healthy work/life experience, HCA rewards our employees with comprehensive health and wellness benefits, financial and retirement planning support, and time away from work options.Learn more.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.