Provides assistance to the nurses in the ICU/ Telemetry units with interpretation of cardiac rythms of patients under the direct supervision of a nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Ensures patients are monitored continuously for a 24 hour period.
2) Ensure nurses are informed of changes in rythms immediately.
3) Will maintain a log of telemetry use and assure telemetry units are in working order when not in use.
4) Assists in keeping PI tools up to date in the unit
5) Will assist ICU staff with coordination of unit
6) Assumes nursing assistant duties when needed