Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient's clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. Participates in discharge planning process.
A: Job Specific
· Maintains the standard of nursing care and implements policies and procedures of the hospital and nursing department.
· Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
· Assigns or delegates tasks based on the needs and condition of the patient, potential for harm, complexity of the task, and within scope of practice of the staff to whom the task is delegated.
· Assigns nursing care team members in accordance to patient needs, team members capabilities and qualifications.
· Documents patient admission assessment and reassessments, patient care plans and other pertinent information, completely in the patient's medical record according to nursing standards and policies.
· Performs assessment on all patients on admission and reassessments as per policy. Makes referrals to other disciplines based on assessment.
· Develops nursing care plan of assigned patient on admission, updates plan of care as needed and ensures plan of care is coordinated with patient, family, and other members of the team.
· Assesses and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
· Revises the plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment, and evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness.
· Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient's age.
· Receives physician's orders, ensures transcription is accurate and documents completion.
· Administers medication utilizing the five rights of medication administration reducing the potential for medication errors.
· Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate.
· Assists physicians with examinations, treatments and special procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills within scope of practice.
· Performs treatments and provide services to level of licensure.
· Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
· Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
· Interprets data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
· Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Initiates or assists with emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients' condition.
· Answers telephone, paging system, patients' call lights, anticipates patients' needs, and makes rounds of assigned patients and responds as appropriate.
· Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
· Provides end of shift report to on coming nurse, narcotics are counted, documentation is complete, and physician orders signed off.
· Communicates appropriately and clearly to management, co-workers, and physicians.
· Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Service/Discharge Planner regarding both in hospital and post discharge needs.
· Participates in orientation, instruction/training of new personnel.
· Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
· Performs other duties as requested.
· Be able to travel between hospital regions as assigned.
As a Registered Nurse / RN you will:
Provide planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation.
Develop nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family, and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
Communicate changes in patient's clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
Participate in discharge planning process.
rn, registered nurse, nurse, nurse rn, nursing, rn nurse, new grad rn, Registered Nurse / RN, RN, R.N., Registered Nurse, Med Surg, Med Surge, Medical Surgical, Medical/Surgical, Med/Surg, Med/Surge, ICU, ICU RN, ICU Nurse RN, CC, CCU, Critical Care, Critical Care RN, telemetry, acute care, intensive care unit, post-acute, emergency room, E.R., ER, step down, transitional care, transitional care hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, nurse, nursing, Clinical Nurse, Critical Care Nurse, Hospital, Healthcare , ACLS, ANA, Acute care, Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, BLS, BSN, cardio nurse, cardio RN, cardio registered nurse, cardiac nurse, cardiac RN, cardiac registered nurse, case management, case manager, critical care, ER, Emergency Room, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, hospital, ICU, intensive care unit, MSN, medical, medical care, med surg, med-surg, medicare, Nurse, Nurse Care Manager, Nurse Job, Nurse Jobs, oncology RN, oncology nurse, oncology registered nurse, palliative care nurse, ortho nurse, ortho RN, ortho registered nurse, palliative care RN, palliative care registered nurse, registered nurse, RN Job, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Job, Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing, Oasis, PRN, PDM, progressive care nurse, rehab RN, rehab registered nurse, rehab nurse, Registered Nurse, Registered Nurse Case Manager, RN, R.N., RN Case Manager, skilled visit, staff RN, staff nurse, staff registered nurse, step down unit, step-down unit, step down unit RN, tele, telemetry, telemetry nurse, telemetry RN, travel nurse, travel RN, travel registered nurse, visit nurse
As a Registered Nurse / RN you will have:
Education: Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
Licenses/Certification: Current state licensure as Registered Nurse. BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years, four years preferred Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here .
Job : RN Primary Location : CA-Westminster-CA Central Staffing Organization : 4211 - CA Central Staffing Shift : Day