Intensivist in Pinehurst, NC- #1 Place to Live in NC
FirstHealth of the Carolinas
April 17, 2018
Pinehurst, North Carolina
325000.00 - 340000.00
Full Time - Experienced
Work where others only dream of visiting!
FirstHealth is advancing Critical Care medicine through a progressive Intensivist staffing model. An experienced and dynamic Intensivist is needed to take our medical critical care program to the next level. Live in a desirable resort destination just an hour from the Raleigh-Durham area and an easy drive to both the beaches and mountains. Practice in Pinehurst where you can have the best of both worlds!
• Attractive and comprehensive benefits program includes a competitive base salary, retirement plans, loan repayment, state-of-the-art fitness center, child care and more.
• Conducive block schedule model promotes work-family balance.
• Closed ICU model with 50 critical care beds and telehealth monitoring support at satellite campus. Lead Frog grade A for 2+ years.
• Supported by a team of 7 seasoned, specially trained advanced practice practitioners. Advance with the organization's goals and grow with the dynamic needs of Critical Care medicine.
•Dedicated support from stable Hospitalist team and Nocturnists on staff. Program includes Neuro Hospitalists, Geriatric service, Pediatric Hospitalist, Telehealth, Transitional Care Clinics.
• Sub-specialist availability includes GI, Cardiology, Critical Care, Pulmonary, Neurology. Regional referral center with availability of multiple sub-specialties including CT surgery (TAVR), EP, etc.
•Join a physician-led, financially stable group of hospital employed providers.
• “Micropolitan” area located in world-renowned Sandhills area of NC - Home of American Golf.
• Exceptional quality of life … Pinehurst was recently recognized as North Carolina’s #1 place to live and #1 safest community.
• Running and biking trails abound.
• Neighboring Southern Pines is listed in “50 Best Small Towns in America”.
• Relaxed lifestyle within reach of urban amenities - near Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte.
• Temperate climate allows for outdoor activities to be enjoyed all year.
• Easy access to the Atlantic coast and Appalachian Mountains.
Qualifications: Must be Board Certified in the subspecialty of critical care medicine; or Physician board-certified in medicine, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, and who have (a) completed training prior to the availability of a subspecialty certification in critical care; and (b) who have provided at least six weeks of full-time ICU care each year. Prefer candidates with at least 2 years of experience as an Intensivist who can assist with the development and leadership of the program. May accept candidates with prior critical care experience who have recently completed a fellowship. Clean background and NC licensure required.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Comprehensive benefits including retirement plans, loan repayment option, fitness center, child care services, etc.
Internal Number: 00145
About FirstHealth of the Carolinas
FirstHealth of the Carolinas is one of the premier medical systems in the Southeast offering world-class health care. Our private, non-governmental, not-for-profit health care network based in Pinehurst, NC is comprised of four hospitals, primary and convenient care clinics, dental centers, home health, hospice and palliative care, health & fitness centers, and a robust philanthropic Foundation. FirstHealth is a growing health care system and medical community.
The FirstHealth Physician Group is the multi-specialty practice employed by FirstHealth of the Carolinas consisting of over 220 providers. With numerous practice sites in multiple counties and locations, our physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and dentists are focused on providing high quality, patient-centered care. This provider-driven and financially stable group offers a wide array of benefits in the beautiful Sandhills region of NC.